Current Internet Theory

Pics
This bag I bought yesterday

20230205_113012.jpg
20230205_113031.jpg
20230205_113036.jpg
20230205_113044.jpg

For the record I don’t get any eggs from end of summer molt till about 2 weeks or so into February. Just posting it for the information

Sorry any opinions on how good or bad?

Personally, I prefer an 18%+ all-flock type feed, in part because I have a mixed flock with young, growing birds and males, but millions of chickens are successfully raised on 16% layer.

Do you have a hen-only flock in good health and producing appropriately for their age and the time of year? If yes, then you don't need to fix what isn't broken.

One time people with hen-only flocks switch to a higher-protein all-flock is when they see feather-picking develop, which is *sometimes* related to inadequate protein. Another time is when their birds molt.

Personally, I prefer an 18%+ all-flock type feed, in part because I have a mixed flock with young, growing birds and males, but millions of chickens are successfully raised on 16% layer.

Do you have a hen-only flock in good health and producing appropriately for their age and the time of year? If yes, then you don't need to fix what isn't broken.

One time people with hen-only flocks switch to a higher-protein all-flock is when they see feather-picking develop, which is *sometimes* related to inadequate protein. Another time is when their birds molt.
I have only hens now the odd thing is last winter my girls stopped laying for a good 4-6weeks I have 9 3year old ee s 5 two year old California grays and 2 year old Australorp s

I have only hens now the odd thing is last winter my girls stopped laying for a good 4-6weeks I have 9 3year old ee s 5 two year old California grays and 2 year old Australorp s
I almost forgot I'm in berks county pa my girls haven't completely stopped I had a couple days here and there of no eggs or 3-5 a day we just had a cold snap over the weekend down to single digits and today s 47 degrees

I almost forgot I'm in berks county pa my girls haven't completely stopped I had a couple days here and there of no eggs or 3-5 a day we just had a cold snap over the weekend down to single digits and today s 47 degrees

Those girls are doing grandly for their age.

As much as I like to recommend the all-flock, don't fix what isn't broken. :D

Car oil too. Pennzoil, valvolene, Castrol, mobile one etc. All filled in 55 gal drums on the same metal roller conveyer in the same petroleum plant. It's all the same oil. Only difference is the additives added to the end for the final product. Seen it with my own eyes. All these competitors proceed in the same facility
I loaded lube oil at a rail rack in Louisiana refinery for 9 years. Yes, it's all clear base stock oil sent to different blending & packaging plants. Also base stock ATF without the dye. We also loaded railcars of wax that go to all the candle companies, crayola, etc. (Most people don't realize that wax is a hydrocarbon product). None is allowed to sit, none is final packaged in the refinery. even the waste poducts & floor scrapings are re-refined and sent out. I imagine feed mills are about the same: no waste left, all sold for something or other.

Back
Top Bottom