Current Internet Theory

Pics
marvelous. I confuse myself, and I only have 3 cartons rotating in and out.
But I never keep more than 2 dozen on hand.
As long as you don't get complacent picking up eggs in the dead of summer then having someone you give eggs to accidentally attempt to fry an egg and a slightly formed chick drops out you're good. For some reason they still don't want any yard eggs

Off topic but another thing I've saw quite often was an alligator sunning itself on a big log and a turtle or 3 sunning theirselves on the alligator. It was the perfect "life is good" meme
That tears it. I'm packing my bags now, sdm. See you in a few.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Here's Dumor Brand's Layer feed. Here's a BYC post from 2017 with its label breakdown.

Crude Protein (min.) 16.00%, Lysine (min.) .70%, Methionine (min.) .35%, Crude Fat (min.) 2.50%, Crude Fiber (max.) 7.00%, Calcium (Ca) (min.) 3.80%, Calcium (Ca) (max.) 4.80%, Phosphorus (P) (min.) .50%, Salt (NaCl) (min.) .25%, Salt (NaCl) (max.) .75%, Ruminant meat and bone meal free.

Here it is on TSC today.
Methionine0.30% min
Lysine0.70% min
Phosphorus0.45% min

Yup, they told us. Met and Phos have both dropped.

and if you look on Kiki's spreadsheet, you will see the old numbers - 0.35% Met, 0.5% Phos
Would you mind explaining how you determined that the levels have actually dropped by only looking at the labels? All those labels show are guaranteed minimums and maximums. Nothing on there shows actual levels... it's just a tolerance range. If levels have changed for the minimums and maximums, it doesn't mean that actual levels have changed in the new product. It can mean that they expanded their tolerance range to compensate for, or allow for sloppier quality control. They could be shooting for the same numbers as always, but by expanding the tolerance range they are basically covering their own asses before you can make any legal claims that they didn't provide a product within the guaranteed minimums and maximums.

Oh WOW!!!!!
Car oil too. Pennzoil, valvolene, Castrol, mobile one etc. All filled in 55 gal drums on the same metal roller conveyer in the same petroleum plant. It's all the same oil. Only difference is the additives added to the end for the final product. Seen it with my own eyes. All these competitors proceed in the same facility

Even rubber for tires. Most if not all raw rubber comes from Venezuela. It's shipped in square metal bins about 4 feet square. Ships and ships full sitting in warehouses in the port of new Orleans. All from the same place with all the different brands on the containers like Bridgestone, Cooper, Michelin, bf Goodrich etc. The difference is in the first steps the vulcanazation process

Car oil too. Pennzoil, valvolene, Castrol, mobile one etc. All filled in 55 gal drums on the same metal roller conveyer in the same petroleum plant. It's all the same oil. Only difference is the additives added to the end for the final product. Seen it with my own eyes. All these competitors proceed in the same facility

Even rubber for tires. Most if not all raw rubber comes from Venezuela. It's shipped in square metal bins about 4 feet square. Ships and ships full sitting in warehouses in the port of new Orleans. All from the same place with all the different brands on the containers like Bridgestone, Cooper, Michelin, bf Goodrich etc. The difference is in the first steps of processing is the vulcanazation process
It has to be both cool and terrifying to see all the ins and outs. I knew folger roasters are in New Orleans forgot Domino was too

Would you mind explaining how you determined that the levels have actually dropped by only looking at the labels? All those labels show are guaranteed minimums and maximums. Nothing on there shows actual levels... it's just a tolerance range. If levels have changed for the minimums and maximums, it doesn't mean that actual levels have changed in the new product. It can mean that they expanded their tolerance range to compensate for, or allow for sloppier quality control. They could be shooting for the same numbers as always, but by expanding the tolerance range they are basically covering their own asses before you can make any legal claims that they didn't provide a product within the guaranteed minimums and maximums.
Technically, you are correct. Its possible that they routinely and consistently hit the old nutritional min.max, though they no longer guarantee those.

However. Charging those labels cost money. Redoing formulations to lower targets costs money. and the things they lowered - Methionine and Lysine - are obtained from some of the highest cost bulk ingredients. During the pandemic many food companies (human and animal) chanrged recipes and labels due to supply constraints and to protect price points/market position relative to other players.

So while its possible you may get bags meeting the old labels, it would be irrational to think that the company deliberately spent money to advertise an inferior label (as compared with past promises) on a product they had no intention of changing.

It has been my experience, in decades on employment at various industry, that companies generally act in rational ways. Their decisions may be (often) short-sighted, overly optimistic, and reliant on imperfect data sets, but it is an outlier indeed that a company would deliberately and intentionally act to its detriment.

What you posit above, while possible, would be similar to Kellog's advertising their Raisin Bran Product as "1 1/2 scoops"! while continuing to put two scoops into it.

Back
Top Bottom