Current Internet Theory

Pics
and FIFO is best practice for any perishable.

I've seen some "Last In, Last Out" which was set up so that everything not newest got pulled rather haphazardly. This happens a lot when pallets are stacked in a long row, and when they run out of space, they start a new row. Once you get a few rows side by side, its VERY tempting for the Inventory/Back of House crew to pull from the middle rows, because that very first row is likely buried/inaccessible. It also makes a "pocket" populera for smoke breaks, personal cell phone calls, and a host of other activities whose details its best you imagine, rather than I describe. This is, after all, a family friendly website. [Don't ask, I'm not telling, and NO I was NOT a participant].

^^^ Great way to avoid leaving footprints of a formulation change.

I wonder if the new "High Protein" layer feed Purina just dumped onto the market isn't intended to compete with Nutrena's "Feather Fixer".

Here's the High Protein Layer:
View attachment 3389370

Here's Purina's Standard Nutrena line Layer crumbles
View attachment 3389372

and here is their Layena Layer +Omega3:
View attachment 3389374
This was the only one I saw in Kiki's spreadsheet. Looks unchanged (and nutritionally identical to the NEW Dumor 16% layer, except that the Dumor averages 0.5% higher calcium...)
Aren't they owned by the same company?

Aren't they owned by the same company?
Purina (Livestock feed) is Land O Lakes. They have the "Layena" line, among others. Purnia's old Feed recipes are used by Dumor, and it seems like Purina's mills are used to produce most, but not all, of Dumor Feed. They may also produce the majority of the "Producer's Pride" house brand - by underbidding other competitors.

Purina Pet Food is produced by a seperate company altogether, after the split up of the Ralston Purina Company.

Nutrena is owned by Cargill. Who, btw, LICENSES use of the Purina name Overseas.

Are you confused yet? I am.

FB6F4B70-0346-4324-92CE-C4E93D033941.jpeg

This is from the Laena bag that I guess came from the beginning of January. That would mean it was milled on the 347th day of 2022?

I do this with my eggs. I have 3 18 pack cartons in the fridge. Family knows to take eggs from the top carton, right side. I fill the cartons under. Once a carton is empty, it goes on the bottom to get filled as needed. If I get one that has a slight crack, I put it in front and eat it first. Everyone has been really good with it (but I did have to label the inside of the carton with arrows “start on this side” 😂

Back
Top Bottom