Current Internet Theory

Pics
Half of my 26 week olds are laying now and all are squatting. I don't know where my Purina flock raiser is milled but my mom and pop feed store says its the closest feed mill to them here in south MS.
If this is related to feed, i would think it be one feed mill in question.
Guarantee tags on bags are as good as "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan..."
This "linked" to TSC so what mills are they buying from? You know TSC has a bulk agreement with a mill for a price discount.
investigative reporters are no more as propaganda mouth piece pays better?
or do we have vegans in charge of our government agencies going to war on everthing like we did some years ago?
I do not see any change in my feed or new chickens. yet?
but i do see a change in feed prices, supply and demand. all manufactured by the agenda of some not economy.
so I'm not going turn a blind eye to anything.

Half of my 26 week olds are laying now and all are squatting. I don't know where my Purina flock raiser is milled but my mom and pop feed store says its the closest feed mill to them here in south MS.
If this is related to feed, i would think it be one feed mill in question.
Guarantee tags on bags are as good as "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan..."
This "linked" to TSC so what mills are they buying from? You know TSC has a bulk agreement with a mill for a price discount.
investigative reporters are no more as propaganda mouth piece pays better?
or do we have vegans in charge of our government agencies going to war on everthing like we did some years ago?
I do not see any change in my feed or new chickens. yet?
but i do see a change in feed prices, supply and demand. all manufactured by the agenda of some not economy.
so I'm not going turn a blind eye to anything.
Mississippian here.

Southern Feed and Waremilling are two instate brands, though depending how close you are to the borders of the other states they could be easily right.

I didn't read through all the pages (sorry) but here's Big V Feed's info from their website, based out of Mcalester OK. I get it pretty freshly milled. The last batch I bought was either in Jan '23 or Dec '22. I bought 100lbs and it lasts for me a month-ish? It's dark and I don't have a bag handy, but I can get one of them tomorrow.

Attachments

• from website.PNG
    from website.PNG
    33.7 KB · Views: 3
I should have looked at more options, but I had limited time. I wanted a flock raiser/maker, a small bag, non-medicated. I didn't want to change the style of feed, just the brand, to something from TSC.
The full size bags probably would've been fresher. Who really buys those small bags on a regular basis?

The full size bags probably would've been fresher. Who really buys those small bags on a regular basis?
Probably no one. I just didn't want to shell out $35-40 for this experiment. I spent less than $15. These 2 bags (10 pounds, total) should last me about a week or so.

They are plastic bags, so more airtight than the big bags, I think. The smell when I opened it this morning was... ok. Different from what I'm used to, but I'd expect that.

Really, this experiment is flawed from the beginning. If "all of a sudden, my chickens are laying!" when I switch back, I don't think that says much. The days will be longer in a week, by about 18 minutes. Today is the third day in a row in which we've had sunshine.:eek: I can tell how that's affecting me.

But if this gets my girls laying and I don't need to buy eggs, I'm gonna be happy.

So I had a thought. Lots of people are blaming feed for a lack of laying. Feeds have gauranteed nutritional labels - feeds that don't match the label get recalled. We've watched, during the pandemic, as a number of feeds have changed their ingredient lists to be somewhat less specific in their ingredients. Some of the major feed ingredients, between the Pandemic, the War in Ukraine, some weather factors, gotr very expensive these last couple years.

What if the nutrition of some major feeds did decline, AND THEY TOLD US. Wait, what?

I know for a fact that the nutritional value of my local mill feed has declined, even though the Crude Protein, the Fat, and the Fiber numbers haven't changed. All I have to do is compare the new label with the old, and look at the Methionine and Lysine levels. My local mill is providing the same amount of Crude Protein, but the amino acid profile has changed - it says so right there on the tag (if you have an old tag to compare it with) - with the aminos obtained from some of the more expensive ingredients are now guaranteed to be present in smaller amounts. SO I got to wondering, how would I check to see if others did that - I don't have old labels from lots of feeds I don't use, and when I talk about a feed on BYC, I link it - so any changes to the feed label disappear into the dustbin of history when they update their web page, leaving nary a trace.

THEN I REMEMBERED!!! Waaahaaahaaahaha! @Kiki to the rescue, and Kiki's feed spreadsheet - historical numbers from whenever the label was entered!

Lets do a few together, shall we? We can do science together, testing a hypothesis...
This may be a reason why there seems to be a war on chickens. The egg yolk protects against covid and neutralizes the covid vaccines spike protein.

Attachments

• 4861169E-7F11-4000-988F-97069F1C64EF.jpeg
    4861169E-7F11-4000-988F-97069F1C64EF.jpeg
    349.6 KB · Views: 2
Well, if they inoculated the egg yolk with covid and it neutralized the covid pathogen wouldn’t it do the same thing in a human like the article says? Not sure I get what your trying to say here.
I'm saying that this is a technique used to create antibodies for multiple different diseases. They inoculate the hens with a pathogen and then she passes down antibodies through the egg yolk. A random egg yolk would not protect you against covid.

Back
Top Bottom