Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Anyone thinking about seeing the movie "Risen"? I think it's supposed to come out soon.

My family and I are planning on going to see it, either this weekend or on 5 dollar Tuesday. It's a mixed bag with the critics (not surprising), but the viewers generally like it and it's getting good reviews from the Christian film review sites.

No fair Michael, you get $ 5. Tuesday
hit.gif

I may go see PP and Zombies next week. I'd like to see Risen also. I was just re-watching War Room, the overall quality of their movies has improved over the years.

If anyone's looking for a blast from the past and has Netflix, watch What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I watched it with my 14 year old son. He was commenting how great it was they used a handicapped actor. I started laughing and said he's not handicapped, that's the same actor as Wolf of Wall Street. My son's jaw literally dropped, he couldn't believe what a great job DiCaprio did. Then, after a while, he said Gilbert looked familiar. We'd just watched the Pirates movies again, I told him it was Captain Jack. He was amazed again. I know a lot of it was the age thing, the movie's quite old, but the acting jobs are some of the best either of them have done IMO. Good movie.

It looks pretty good. I'd lien to see it at some point, maybe not in theaters tho
Same here.

My family and I are planning on going to see it, either this weekend or on 5 dollar Tuesday. It's a mixed bag with the critics (not surprising), but the viewers generally like it and it's getting good reviews from the Christian film review sites.
Cool, I haven't read any review yet, but it's always good to hear that Christian film reviews like it. We don't want to see another "Noah" or the one about Moses (can't remember the title)--where the movie is "inspired by" the Bible.
he.gif

My brother and I were just reminiscing about the great performances Tom Hanks has given. It's amazing that he started on the TV show "Bosom Buddies," & survived that to be a superb actor.

Back
Top Bottom