Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

That's why I look at who is making the movie. Affirm Films is a ministry I'm willing to support financially, so we try to hit most of their films when they're in the theater and purchase the DVDs. We didn't watch Noah, but we did watch Exodus--well, kind of. I fell asleep
roll.png
The movie was called "Exodus: Gods and Kings" I believe, and it was hardly "inspired" by the Bible as it was so far off the Biblical story of Moses and the Exodus. If was a far cry from the original Ten Commandments movie staring Charleston Heston and Yul Brenner which was a classic. Noah was even farther off the Biblical story.
It's so horrid that they "abuse" that story...if they followed the Bible, I think the movie would have done a lot better! The problem is that the producers make the movie on what the world wants to see, not the Christians.
barnie.gif

It's so horrid that they "abuse" that story...if they followed the Bible, I think the movie would have done a lot better! The problem is that the producers make the movie on what the world wants to see, not the Christians.
barnie.gif
You would think that they would realize that it's the Christian market to which those kind of movies are going to appeal, not the non Christian market, but by departing so far from the Bible, they lose the Christian market as well which is why both movies tanked at the box office. In contrast, War Room, which was made for only a few million dollars, made huge profits at the box office.

All GREAT movies.

"Race" the story of Jesse Owens and the 1936 Olympics.  More than that the story of race and prejudice both here in the US and in Germany.  Did you know that after winning 4 gold medals he was not asked to the White House and at a dinner honoring him he was not allowed to enter the hotel through the front doors?

Interesting and good movie - held our attention throughout.  3.5 stars.

I'll watch that one eventually for sure. Like the Jesse Owens story, Jim Thorpe story also.

@BantamFan4Life, @Michael OShay @donrae, anyone else.
Have you seen 'Revelation Road' series? There is three movies, Netflix has them. Third ended like they are going to continue with it. I thought they were pretty good.
Made by Pure Flix Entertainment, a Christian film production company.

Last edited:
That sounds vaguely familiar, I'll have to look them up and see if I've watched them. I'm like a turkey sometimes, I wake up in a whole new world each day! Makes entertainment easy, though, I can read the same book again now and not realize it.

@BantamFan4Life , @Michael OShay @donrae , anyone else.
Have you seen 'Revelation Road' series? There is three movies, Netflix has them. Third ended like they are going to continue with it. I thought they were pretty good.

I haven't seen those. I've seen four of Pure Flix's movies; God's Not Dead (very well done), The Book of Ruth: Journey in Faith (low budget but entertaining, and pretty faithful to the biblical account of Ruth), What If (not a Bible film but entertaining), and The Book of Esther (fairly entertaining, but not very accurate to the Biblical account of Esther). Although not perfect, a much better done movie and more Biblically accurate account centered on the story of Esther is One Night With the King.

'Revelation Road' is somewhat like 'Mad Max'. The character Josh McManus is just awesome. Brian Bosworth plays the bad guy. When I was a kid my uncle was a big fan of Bosworth, had the same haircut, 'the Boz' Lol! Bosworth in the movie 'Stone Cold' was awesome.

You would think that they would realize that it's the Christian market to which those kind of movies are going to appeal, not the non Christian market, but by departing so far from the Bible, they lose the Christian market as well which is why both movies tanked at the box office. In contrast, War Room, which was made for only a few million dollars, made huge profits at the box office.
Exactly.

@BantamFan4Life , @Michael OShay @donrae , anyone else.
Hmm..it sounds familiar.

My daughter and son-in-law went to see Risen last night, and my wife, son, and I went to see it this afternoon. It was a very interesting movie. Of course the weaving of story of the Roman tribune in with the apostles was contrived for the purpose of developing the plot, but we would still recommend the film as being well worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom