Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

You can see a kinder, gentler even romantic Zombie movie   (Warm Bodies),  it starts out like a typical zombie movie  but evolves into  something much, much nicer.  I saw it twice and then bought the DVD  and enjoyed it some more.

The dreamy Zombie,  actor Nicholas Hoult  also appears in  Xmen - as Beast, and in Fury Road proclaiming "OH what a lovely day."  For a time he and Jennifer Lawrence were quite an item.

I actually did catch the last 20-30 minutes of that while I was recovering from a broken ankle a while back. Seemed kinda cute.

Same here.

Cool, I haven't read any review yet, but it's always good to hear that Christian film reviews like it. We don't want to see another "Noah" or the one about Moses (can't remember the title)--where the movie is "inspired by" the Bible.
he.gif
That's why I look at who is making the movie. Affirm Films is a ministry I'm willing to support financially, so we try to hit most of their films when they're in the theater and purchase the DVDs. We didn't watch Noah, but we did watch Exodus--well, kind of. I fell asleep
roll.png

Same here.

Cool, I haven't read any review yet, but it's always good to hear that Christian film reviews like it. We don't want to see another "Noah" or the one about Moses (can't remember the title)--where the movie is "inspired by" the Bible.
he.gif

The movie was called "Exodus: Gods and Kings" I believe, and it was hardly "inspired" by the Bible as it was so far off the Biblical story of Moses and the Exodus. If was a far cry from the original Ten Commandments movie staring Charleston Heston and Yul Brenner which was a classic. Noah was even farther off the Biblical story.

My brother and I were just reminiscing about the great performances Tom Hanks has given. It's amazing that he started on the TV show "Bosom Buddies," & survived that to be a superb actor.

Tom Hanks has made some great movies. Among my favorites of his movies are The Terminal, Cast Away, Saving Mr. Banks, Sleepless in Seattle, and You've Got Mail.

Tom Hanks is
bow.gif
as an actor. Just amazing. Isn't it weird to go back and see actors when they're so much younger? I was watching an old Roseanne a while ago, George Clooney was such a baby. Talk about getting better with age
wink.png

I'm going to have to look up Warm Bodies. Love me a good zombie flick!

Big Boy and I are going to the movies this afternoon. I'll see Risen, he's undecided if he'll see that or Deadpool (?). I'll let ya'all know how I like it.

My favorite Tom Hank's movies: The Green Mile, Philadelphia, Castaway, Captain Phillips, Catch Me if you Can (with Leo DiCaprio), and new one Bridge of Spies.

My favorite Tom Hank's movies: The Green Mile, Philadelphia, Castaway, Captain Phillips, Catch Me if you Can (with Leo DiCaprio), and new one Bridge of Spies.

All GREAT movies.

"Race" the story of Jesse Owens and the 1936 Olympics. More than that the story of race and prejudice both here in the US and in Germany. Did you know that after winning 4 gold medals he was not asked to the White House and at a dinner honoring him he was not allowed to enter the hotel through the front doors?

Interesting and good movie - held our attention throughout. 3.5 stars.

I enjoyed Risen. I told my son it was kind of like a primitive CSI or other police procedural, at least the first part.

I've never really watched Joseph Fiennes, but he was great. He pretty much carried the whole movie and was quite believable. I liked the Pilate actor, he was a good harassed politician. I enjoyed the Resurrection story being told from a different point of view. It was also a reminder that, while I've grown up knowing the ending, the poor disciples and other people at the time were just feeling their way along, not sure what was going to happen.

I enjoyed Risen. I told my son it was kind of like a primitive CSI or other police procedural, at least the first part.

I've never really watched Joseph Fiennes, but he was great. He pretty much carried the whole movie and was quite believable. I liked the Pilate actor, he was a good harassed politician. I enjoyed the Resurrection story being told from a different point of view. It was also a reminder that, while I've grown up knowing the ending, the poor disciples and other people at the time were just feeling their way along, not sure what was going to happen.

Thanks for the review. My daughter and son-in-law have gone to see it this evening while my wife and I watch our daughter-in-law; and my wife, son, and I are planning to see it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom