Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Pics
Thank you, I will have to put that on my "clean" list . Actually it will probably be the only entry. Movie makers seem to have a fierce competition for being the raunchiest, etc. Worse yet the tv shows are almost as bad.

Maybe at some point it will implode and they will try something new; entertaining thru use of good actors, good scripts, civil speech, no computer generated graphics etc. We can only hope

Deedee in spite of your evaluation, we went to see "American Hustle". I should have listened to you - I could not 'buy' in to this movie at all. Parts bored the heck out of me, and I was continually aware that it was a 'movie'. Last week we saw "August, Osage County". The movie is a little bit frenetic, but performances are good - especially Roberts and Streep. Good entertainment if dysfunctionality is your thing.
lol.png

Thank you, I will have to put that on my "clean" list . Actually it will probably be the only entry. Movie makers seem to have a fierce competition for being the raunchiest, etc. Worse yet the tv shows are almost as bad.

Maybe at some point it will implode and they will try something new; entertaining thru use of good actors, good scripts, civil speech, no computer generated graphics etc. We can only hope
FOr what ever the reason I have no tolerance for raunchy and swearing. ANd yes I agree, when watching TV last night, my 10 yr old is laughing at the TV show and I'm looking at him trying to understand the mind of a 10 yr old!! Scary if he "gets" more than I think he does!! I've gotten over being horrified by the absurd and trashy topics that most of the night time TV sit coms thrive on-- junk, just junk.

One of my all time favs will always be FInding Forrester, strong on characters and good aacting, and a message worth repeating. Starred Sean Connery as a writer.

I totally agree. Now whenever I watch a show or movie I'm always worried there is going to be bad language or something trashy same with music.
I limit my music to country and classic, and classic rock. Pretty safe on the language there.

We preview all new movies before the kids can watch them. SO I know what I will be dealing with. Some are banned,some delayed for when they are older.

Sourland you've been missed. I'm paranoid enough to think you didn't want to talk to me anymore.
hit.gif

I had to unsubscribe to that 'word thread' because I was getting too down on myself, for not being able to think of a response.

Then I fell way behind (like maybe 75-100 posts) on the greeting thread - oy, I am still trying to catch up.

BTW my sister really enjoyed 'American Hustle'- what can I say , she is my sister and I still love her.

I know, I know TMI - ta ta for now

Okay how about 'LEGO THE MOVIE". First the good, my brother fell asleep at the start however, when I woke him up, he stayed UP for the rest of the movie. He liked it and gave it 3 stars.

I like a lot of the kids movies I've seen over the years - this wasn't one of them. It was 1 hr. 41 min. but, seemed so much longer. I had read it was a spoof on 'The Matrix,' and filled with tons of sight gags. I must have missed them all. I do love the Matrix and Legos but, it just didn't work for me. Too much going on at the same time- another "hilarious" movie that left me flat till the final 15 or 20 min. which I DID find amusing.

In my defense, the show was packed, tons of kids - non of them fussing or screeching or anything. In fact dead silence through the entire movie. Was 'that' a good thing?

I'm going to blame the actors ( Lego characters) who just seemed too -two dimensional. Unlike full bodied performances in Lion King, Aladdin, UP, Wall-e, Cats & Dogs. I know that is like comparing bananas and oranges but, that's my take on it.

PLEASE If anyone has seen this please let us know YOUR feelings on the movie. There were no children with us but, people are always calling me child-like, or is it immature? so I felt qualified to render an opinion.

Oh the plus side, I don't think there was anything in the movie that a young child shouldn't see. :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom