Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Just saw after a lot of waiting Knives Out and it did not disappoint. It was a little long but a very good who done it. I wpnt reveal anything other than things were planned far in advance. Stick around for the ending and you will be kicking yourself for not thinking of it
Thanks for the review!

It is a very good movie

Just saw after a lot of waiting Knives Out and it did not disappoint. It was a little long but a very good who done it. I wpnt reveal anything other than things were planned far in advance. Stick around for the ending and you will be kicking yourself for not thinking of it
We thought that Knives Out was great, too! My daughter, who has only ever seen Daniel Craig as James Bond, could not get over his southern accent though!😂

Agreed that Daniel Craig's accent was slathered on thicker than grits!

Saturday Night Live did a funny skit when Mr. Craig was hosting about him going to an audition for the movie with his accent voice coach (played by Beck Bennet).

Thanks for that!😂
Just watched it, laughing the whole way through. Beck Bennet looks like an Elvis impersonator. Can never get enough of SNL!

"Shadow in the Cloud"

Based on the trailer for this movie, I had less than high hopes. HOORAY! I was wrong.

During WWII, Maude Garrett is assigned "Confidential" parcel delivery and is put on a bomber plane flying cargo full of rather chauvinistic flyboys. She's plucky and holds her own despite being placed into peril every turn of the movie. Minimal set and snappy dialogue. (Veteran DH says very realistic unapologetic military patter, BTW.) Over-the-top stunts. Several surprising twists. Justice is served. Overall, a very satisfying movie if you go with relaxing your realism expectations.

Directed by Roseanne Liang and starring Chloe Grace Moretz, and a cast of six men that you really don't view until the latter part of the movie: Nick Robinson, Taylor John Smith, Callan Mulvey, Byron Coll, Benedict Wall and Beulah Koale. It runs 1 hour 23 minutes.

Best entertainment film of the week.

Last edited:
"Let Him Go"

Kevin Costner and Diane Lane in a 1960's family drama as grandparents seek their grandson who was spirited away in the middle of the night by their remarried widowed daughter-in-law. Costner plays a former lawman who accompanies his headstrong wife away from their Montana ranch up into North Dakota only to discover they've leapt from the frying pan of grief into the hellfire of treachery.

Rated "R" and interesting that the ratings blurb at the beginning of the movie only listed "Violence." No bad language, but the film is very disturbing. Best Actress props should go to Lesley Manville as the evil matriarch mother-in-law from Hell. Also BooBoo Stewart was engaging as the traumatized man-child Peter. Directed and written by Thomas Bezucha (Big Eden, The Family Stone, Monte Carlo), filmed entirely in Canada and runs nearly 2 hours.

Last edited:
"Seized"

Husband got to pick last night's movie and the pickings were slim. We ended up watching what amounted to a B movie clawing its way upward in a plot of a former operative agent/assassin desperately killing as many people as he could as quickly as he could in as many ways as he could to appease his son's kidnappers. Set along the Baja California coastline in Tijuana, Ensenada and Rosarita. Nice scenery. Fairly nonstop action. Endless bullets. Some have likened this as "Taken" meets "John Wick" and I won't disagree.

Stars Scott Adkins as the hapless assassin Nero and Mario Van Peebles as the flamboyant crime lord cartel head. The kidnapped kid's poor acting was a distraction, though. Almost wished a bad fate upon him to end the audience's suffering through it. Please, Matthew Garbacz (the kid), stick to musical theater.

Last edited:
"Fantasy Island"

Ok I never saw the show but I loved this movie. It twists and turns bringing you to highs and lows like a roller coaster while still keeping you engaged. It also leads to the conversation of what exactly your fantasy would be. But every fantasy doesnt necessarily mean it will be good. The big twist at the end and the little allusion to the show (had to be explained to me since I'd never seen it) makes the movie all the more entertaining. Great if you saw the show but just as good if you didnt.

Back
Top Bottom