Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I'm not a big fan of Shia either, but I really liked "The greatest game ever played".

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    deedee, I neglected to mention that we inadvertently walked into the wrong theater when going to see "Gone Girl". We walked into the theater for "Annabelle". We actually sat down, and I said, "This is wrong." If she had come on screen, all would have been treated to the image of a bald old man running out of the theater screaming at the top of his lungs. [​IMG]

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well we were going to see 'Judge", and then on last night's news there was a segment on possible Oscar contenders. They showed a trailer from "Pride" - never heard of it - happened to be showing at our little off the wall theater - haven of folks even older than E and me - we changed plans and saw "Pride". We REALLY enjoyed this film. I'll admit that I have a somewhat bizarre sense of humor - At least a half dozen times this movie caused me to break out in raucous, deep laughter. Yes, not everyone laughed when I did. Based on an actual incident this movie points out that regardless of how different from one another we may be - human decency is a common ground. 4 + stars on this one. Hopefully someone else will see and comment on this film.

Understand that this movie is far more a social commentary than a comedy, but for me misconceptions and misjudgements of others are sometimes incredibly funny.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    We went to see Dracula Untold last night. It was not the best vampire movie (or even the best Dracula) movie I've ever seen, but, in spite of most of the critics not rating it highly, it was an interesting take on the origin of Dracula and it kept us entertained.

5. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Sour, Pride looks like a interesting movie. You might enjoy Kinky Boots too, it's a bit older, and more of a comedy than a social commentary, but it was funny.

6. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I want to see "St. Vincent", I like those people stories like the "best exotic marigold hotel"

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    AW our show doesn't have it. I do love Bill Murray!

8. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Looks like a good roll for him

9. I am going to see The Equalizer this weekend if it kills me. [​IMG]

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Gee I hope it doesn't ( kill you.) He is such a good actor and so good at intimidation in the action movies. Okay and he's pretty 'hot,' too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by