Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

2. I just watched "Heaven is for real". It is a true story, and wonderful film. I've ordered the book...they're always better.

3. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

The Other Woman....sorry, I just had to. Not much to it. It was fun... weak, but fun. Loved the dog!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Just saw "Fury," my brother & I both gave it 4 stars - it was THAT good! Great acting, without it feeling like 'acting.' I've probably seen a billion war movies at the show, on Tv, and rentals etc. but, this one really made me feel I was there, in their skin and their predicament. I would NOT have made a good soldier. This was not a sanitized presentation - plenty of blood, guts, grime, and breakdowns of both mechanical and human kind. I am not at all fond of Shia or Brad but, discovered they still have acting chops regardless of the few "bombs" they left at the box office in the past.

5. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I'm eager to see Fury myself too, I usually like Brad (What movies didn't you like him in, Diva?). Shia isn't a favorite of mine, but I will say again, that I really liked "The greatest game ever played".

6. I just saw Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day yesterday. It's a good and extremely funny movie. I rated it 4 out of 5 stars. If you want a funny, family friendly movie this is a good movie to see. [​IMG]

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I was hoping someone would review that! Thanks! I am looking forward to seeing it.

8. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Chickenchick thank you for your review. I saw the trailers for that movie and thought it would be very good. I remember reading the book to my son. Steve Carell is good in so many different types of roles.

9. Your welcome to you both. :)

10. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Think we'll be going to see "Walk Among the Tombstones," with Liam Neeson. Sunday, I know it's been out for awhile but, there's a little show in another suburb that charges only $4.50 for matinees - they even have little paper tickets that looks like they just typed them up. They don't even sell gift cards.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by