Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    SORRY I goofed up the title it's really called 'A MOST WANTED MAN." My puny brain keeps doing that.

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    It is just brain freeze from the ice cream. Your brain is just fine.

3. The ChickenKing

The ChickenKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2014
    NY
    What do you guys think about the third Hobbit, will it be any good?

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You are probably right. I've heard if you alternate between a gulp of hot food, with a gulp of cold, you want get brain freeze. I have to remember to try it - probably something like a HOT fudge sundae in one hand and a half gal. of ice cream at the ready near the other hand. I like to use those long ice tea spoons, so I can dig deep into a carton. Works pretty well.

5. Transformers - Age of Extinction - 4 thumbs way up! I love Optimus Prime. I have since I was a kid.

Captain America - The Winter Soldier Loved it. Can you tell I love superheroes?

Blackfish - Documentary of Sea World's practices - 3 words- Empty the tanks!

The Internet's Own Boy - The Story of Aaron Swartz - Compelling. Stunning how far our government will go when they hook their teeth into something. Aaron was just trying to free information that should be available to all. RIP Aaron, my friend.

I am deep into some new Documentaries, my new love.

6. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I hope so

7. I can't wait to see those 2 face off.

8. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

The hobbits are a bit stretched out in my opinion. I think the fight scenes drag on a bit too much, and sure, the roller coaster in the cave was sort of fun, but I did enjoy the book better. I think I read it the first time when I was around ten, it was the first of Tolkien's works I ever read. I really liked it then, and still do.

The newest transformers movie left me feeling violated. I didn't like it a bit, and I will never get back those 2 hours and 45 minutes (seriously!). The nano component cloud shifting stuff annoyed me a lot, as did the samurai bots coat thingy. And all of the movie felt to me like it was an impro experiment dialoguewise. Horrible writing. And Marky Mark's daughter in the movie, bleh. Sure, she has a nice figure, but couldn't you find someone who can act? And I don't have anything against the franchise otherwise, I liked the first two, and the third was watchable, but this was just a fecal deposit in my mind, a way to milk the last drops out of the franchise.

9. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

What you all think of transcendent?

10. @vehve a lot of people hated that movie. I just wasn't focused on the acting, I guess. I am just fascinated by the relationship in the Autobots hierarchy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by