Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

Latest installment of X-Men gets a thumbs up.

Has anyone reviewed Hotel Budapest?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Hotel Budapest, that was a fun one. Not for everyone though, you need to enjoy a bit weird movies to like it. Wes Anderson certainly has his own style. I'm not usually a huge fan of his work, but this one spoke to me. I gave it a 8 on imdb.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree; very entertaining.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Yes, I enjoyed it even though I'm not really a fan, and my brother who knew absolutely nothing about them - really liked it too.

5. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Guardians of the Galaxy is a lot of fun, and the hot toy to get is "Dancing baby Groot," which allegedy will not be ready to ship till after Xmas (Dec.31) they are taking orders

6. petrel

I am eagerly awaiting Guardian's release on iTunes!

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Just got back from seeing "Gone Girl". I agree that the ending was not very plausible, but found the movie intriguing. Probably the best that we have seen in a while. I'd probably go a 3.5 stars on this movie. I do have a question that I will PM you about.

8. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Hotel Budapest was good, weird good.
    I liked Chef, most recent one I've watched... But I love food shows ( and food )
    Oh I don't do theatres ( worked in one it lost its appeal ) so I am eagerly awaiting X-men and guardians of the galaxy DVD release ( love comic book hero movies... Because I'm a bit of a geek :D )

9. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hennible- I loved "Chef", I am not a foody except for ice cream.

I think "A Man Most Wanted," with Phillip Seymour Hoffman was a sadly, overlooked movie. I am not a mystery, suspense fan BUT I LOVED IT,, I think it was the last movie he did before his death. Fantastic acting of course by him but, the key characters as well.

10. petrel

Thank you DD! A man most wanted was on my list and I completely forgot about it. I'll check it's release status tonight.

I thought the Chef trailer looked good, but I didn't pull the trigger on it. I will have to reconsider. Hotel Budapest is on for this weekend!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by