Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

"God's Not Dead" was a wonderful movie! Has anyone here seen "Do You Believe?"? My parents and sister saw and enjoyed it. I'd have to say that my favorite Christian movie that's not based on a Bible story is, "Fireproof". I loved the story, and the casting for it was phenomenal.

I've heard mostly good about Fireproof. I haven't had the opportunity to see it yet. I was told that the story line was great but that the acting wasn't so much. I've decided that I'll watch it first before I just assume that is an accurate account of the film. I consider the source to be kind of picky. LOL

"God's Not Dead" was a wonderful movie! Has anyone here seen "Do You Believe?"? My parents and sister saw and enjoyed it. I'd have to say that my favorite Christian movie that's not based on a Bible story is, "Fireproof". I loved the story, and the casting for it was phenomenal.

I haven't seen "Do You Believe", but "Fireproof" was a wonderful movie.

"Deadpool" is on track to be the highest grossing R rated film of all time.
th.gif

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/...christ-as-highest-grossing-r-rated-film-ever/
I believe it. It's currently the top movie of the year so far (almost grossing $500 million at the box office).
sad.png

I've heard mostly good about Fireproof. I haven't had the opportunity to see it yet. I was told that the story line was great but that the acting wasn't so much. I've decided that I'll watch it first before I just assume that is an accurate account of the film. I consider the source to be kind of picky. LOL

LOL :)

I haven't seen "Do You Believe", but "Fireproof" was a wonderful movie.

I agree.

I believe it. It's currently the top movie of the year so far (almost grossing $500 million at the box office). :(

I know! Crazy right? And 20th Century Fox only gave them 58 million dollars to make the movie (which is not a lot of money for a superhero (or ani-hero :lol: ) film) because they thought it was going to be a box office flop.

I think people went to see it because he is supposed to be an anti-hero, an over the top super power. He is foul mouthed, extremely crude & rude. A parody of super heroes who are a parody to begin with. The brief nudity isn't any worse than things cable has on tv, or in serious, Oscar potential movies.

After seeing so many brutal fights in super person movies, Deadpool's aren't really much different except he takes great delight . The back story kinda explains what he has become. But, what sold me was the romance - yes , sweet & everlasting. Okay I am sentimental. Hope I didn't give away too much

I think people went to see it because he is supposed to be an anti-hero, an over the top super power. He is foul mouthed, extremely crude & rude. A parody of super heroes who are a parody to begin with. The brief nudity isn't any worse than things cable has on tv, or in serious, Oscar potential movies.

After seeing so many brutal fights in super person movies, Deadpool's aren't really much different except he takes great delight . The back story kinda explains what he has become. But, what sold me was the romance - yes , sweet & everlasting. Okay I am sentimental. Hope I didn't give away too much
Yeah, well, unfortunately, content like that is what people what to see these days, I guess
sickbyc.gif

Personally, I've never been a fan of superhero movies, because they are too predictable and unoriginal.

Yeah, well, unfortunately, content like that is what people what to see these days, I guess :sick

Personally, I've never been a fan of superhero movies, because they are too predictable and unoriginal. 
true, they're pretty predictable, but I like how the stories (at least with Marvel) intertwine with each other and it gives you something to look forward to in the different movies

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom