Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Today we saw "Uncut Gems". Not a particularly good movie lots of yelling and some violence. Cut out the 'F' bombs and 25 % of the lines would be gone. I'll go 1.5 stars, and the Princess will go 2.5 stars. Adam Sandler was surprisingly believable in his role as a gambling addicted jewel dealer.

Today we saw "Uncut Gems". Not a particularly good movie lots of yelling and some violence. Cut out the 'F' bombs and 25 % of the lines would be gone. I'll go 1.5 stars, and the Princess will go 2.5 stars. Adam Sandler was surprisingly believable in his role as a gambling addicted jewel dealer.
Sandler should go back to comedy IMO. Not saying he's a bad actor...I'm just not interested in seeing anything he's in unless it's a comedy. Funny People killed it for me. Got halfway through the movie and realised that nothing is funny about it. Just give me Billy Madison back:th

Sandler should go back to comedy IMO. Not saying he's a bad actor...I'm just not interested in seeing anything he's in unless it's a comedy. Funny People killed it for me. Got halfway through the movie and realised that nothing is funny about it. Just give me Billy Madison back:th
Oddly his netflix movies are very popular. Weird!

I don't care for Sandler's movies either. But, playing a Jew is second nature to him, he IS Jewish.

His older movie "Don't Mess with the Zohan," had some very funny bits, but, also disgusting scenes children and sensitive audiences should have been protected from.

I don't care for Sandler's movies either. But, playing a Jew is second nature to him, he IS Jewish.

His older movie "Don't Mess with the Zohan," had some very funny bits, but, also disgusting scenes children and sensitive audiences should have been protected from.
I thought that movie was hilarious :idunno
I just want to make the world silky smooth!:lau

GEMINI MAN

It was DH's turn to pick the movie and he wanted some action and so -- being as how that genre of movie induces napping for me -- I settled in horizontally for some shut-eye. Not to be! Quite soon I was on the edge of my seat.

This is a Jerry Bruckheimer film directed by Ang Lee and starring Will Smith and Clive Owen (IMHO getting typecast as the perpetual bad guy) in an somewhat predictable storyline (picked it up pretty quickly) that's a morphed mashup of "Bourne Identity" "Loopers" and "The Boys from Brazil." The action sequences are great and beautifully filmed (thanks, Ang!) throughout the world as this chase-and-be-chased movie with a couple of twists wends to its inevitable end.

If quick-paced action films are your thing, then check it out. The special effects are realistic and incredibly well-done and not with the usual "too fast to follow" fight/struggle sequences.

GEMINI MAN

It was DH's turn to pick the movie and he wanted some action and so -- being as how that genre of movie induces napping for me -- I settled in horizontally for some shut-eye. Not to be! Quite soon I was on the edge of my seat.

This is a Jerry Bruckheimer film directed by Ang Lee and starring Will Smith and Clive Owen (IMHO getting typecast as the perpetual bad guy) in an somewhat predictable storyline (picked it up pretty quickly) that's a morphed mashup of "Bourne Identity" "Loopers" and "The Boys from Brazil." The action sequences are great and beautifully filmed (thanks, Ang!) throughout the world as this chase-and-be-chased movie with a couple of twists wends to its inevitable end.

If quick-paced action films are your thing, then check it out. The special effects are realistic and incredibly well-done and not with the usual "too fast to follow" fight/struggle sequences.
Thanks for the review!

Back
Top Bottom