Curse You Chicken Math!!!

TheHalfWayCoop

Chirping
8 Years
May 6, 2011
Campbellville Ontario
I was sure I could resist chicken math, I am a reasonable adult. Mostly. We picked up one buff silkie, a partridge, a black and a blue. Or so I thought. Now we have one buff, and three patridges in various shades (tones? Stripes?). This has resulted in three dark chicks and only one light. That is not right, that cannot be. So now we have to go back to the breeder tomorrow and pick up two more buff. He offered to exchange one of the partridge for a buff, but why would I do that when I can get two new peeps?
wee.gif

Can chicken math worm it's way into other aspects of your life? I saw a free miniature horse on Kijiji tonight and asked DH if we could get it for our backyard (we have urban chickens). For reasons beyond my comprehension he walked out of the room with his hands in the air...
lau.gif
What wouldn't be awesome about a miniature horse in the yard?! Perhaps the not miniature piles it would make....
sickbyc.gif

I'm afraid chicken math may be contagious....

The problem with chicken math is that the numbers sneak up on you. Suddenly, there are hundreds of them out there! And yes, it is contagious . My neighbor caught it from me. She never had a chicken before and now she has 2 pens of them and more in the incubator:-D

I went from 1 to 4 to 16 to 65.
smile.png

Then I moved and went back down to 50.
sad.png

Then I hatched out 50 chicks in January....so that makes 100.
big_smile.png

Lost a couple this spring, down to 95.
hit.gif

DH brought home 29 chicks from TSC in March......124.
wee.gif

Then 4 ducklings show up for Mother's day.
ep.gif

Hmmmmmm........

Why then do I just want to let my broodies do their thing?
jumpy.gif

Darn chicken math!!!!

Liz

We just got our flock of 10 buff orps &10 light brahmas to 8 weeks no more heat & lights going in & out of coop by themselves.Then I decided I had to have a rooster for the orps& 8 buff brahmas with a roo for them , dh said but honey we haven't lost any what kind of chicken math is that ??
idunno.gif
We also just sent a foster dog to it's forever home nicely trained ready for her new family.
ya.gif
so yeah chicken math creeps in everywhere.lol Chicks that will stay for a dog that was a temp from start.

Back
Top Bottom