cut on chicken leg?

gladraffe

Songster
Nov 11, 2020
hi everyone, i noticed our hen was hobbling after we had a coyote attack. he took her bestie and i think she might have been in the bath when the coyote showed up and might have injured herself while trying to get away. i’m not sure if it’s a cut but i put some hydrogen peroxide on it and it was bubbling. any advice on what else i can do to help it heal?

Attachments

• 33937A9C-74B2-4D65-9D21-D344619BF538.jpeg
    33937A9C-74B2-4D65-9D21-D344619BF538.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 27
Im not to sure, but heres some things i found on the internet that may be of help.
The best treatment is applying tiny "hobbles" to the chick's legs to gently keep its legs up under them which allows time for the tendons to heal. We recommend Vet Wrap to form hobbles. Vet Wrap will not stick to the chick's down or legs but does adhere to itself.

If you find a bleeding chicken in your coop, or if you suspect a chicken’s skin has been cut or torn, it’s important to treat the bird quickly. Chicken skin is thin and tears easily, and bleeding wounds are very attractive to other chickens. Whether the chicken caught on something or was attacked by a predator, skin injuries need immediate attention.

3. For shallow wounds, wash the area with hot water and soap and gently pat dry, or clean the wound with hydrogen peroxide.
If the wound continues to bleed, use styptic powder or pressure to stop it.

4. If the chicken can’t reach the area with its beak and the weather is warm, apply a wound dressing to prevent flies from laying eggs on the wound.

the sight i got it on was. https://www.dummies.com/home-garden...ens/how-to-treat-cuts-and-wounds-in-chickens/

aka: Dummies.com how to treat cuts and wounds in chickens

i hope that helps! I just copied that off some results i found, and they seem to be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom