Cut on foot

So the cut healed up in a couple days but she is still limping pretty badly on that foot. I don’t know what i should do now, i don’t see anymore cuts or abrasions and the foot/leg look fine to me

So the cut healed up in a couple days but she is still limping pretty badly on that foot. I don’t know what i should do now, i don’t see anymore cuts or abrasions and the foot/leg look fine to me
That nearest toe in the pic...looks twisted. Is that accurate?

If it is swollen or bruising what should i do just so i’m prepared
You can crate her, try to keep her off the leg. How severe is the limp, on a scale of one to ten?
One being there is zero limp, five being she puts only a teeny bit of weight on it, taking hopping steps, and ten being she cant use it at all.

If she's above a 5/6 I'd crate her, but it's up to you.
You can give her some baby aspirin, see if it helps. There are guides here on how to portion that out.
Assuming she's somewhere between a 3 and a 5, personally, I would leave her be, discouraging movement but leaving her with her flock. You can do a warm water soak, or cold compresses (if you can hold her still!).
If she's above a 6, I'd see a vet and/or crate her with soft bedding, food, and water.

There's not much else you can do, because with this, it's not an open injury.
Make sure she's got enough water and food at all times.
Hope she gets better!

The limp could be part of what caused the cut.
Strain/sprain etc.
It can take weeks for a limp to totally go away.
As long as she eats and drinks enough, just let her be.
Crating (forced rest) is an option I have used a few times.

Back
Top Bottom