Cute mystery chick! What is it??

lovinthechickens

Songster
13 Years
May 30, 2008
Visalia, CA
!!!!!!! REFRESH THE PAGE TO MAKE THE PICS SMALLER !!!!!!!!

Its super cute
big_smile.png

i got it at the local feed store... it waws in a box with some other chicks, labeled bantam cochins, frizzles, tophat special. they said there could be more than just that though...

here are some pics...

(her and her sisters)(1 slate blue cochin, 1 black cochin, 1 blue-ish polish, 1 light americana, and mystery chick)
chicks003.jpg

------ her ------

note the 5 toes....
chicks005.jpg

3 cute spots...
chicks004.jpg

big_smile.png
chicks008.jpg

what breed is she? im stumped...

Houdan is my guess. Someone's pics of them on here looked alot like that and I asked the breed cause I really liked them. Otherwise 5 toed breeds would commonly be Dorking, Faverolle, Houdan, Sultan, and Silkies. Faverolle, sultans, and silkies are not clean legged so we are down to houdan and dorking.

Did you ask what hatchery or does it say what hatchery on the box you took them home in? That's how I narrowed my mystery bantam down. Just pull up the site to the hatchery and see what they sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
It kinda looks like a silver grey dorking chick.....But do not ask me....I only know from looking at the images on google!!
lau.gif

Very cute!!

I have some on order...... I am going to name them..nerd....dweeb....dork....and giek!!!
lau.gif
My DH says that I am silly!!

Back
Top Bottom