Cute note from an egg customer - please share yours!

Wynette

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Sep 25, 2007
Michigan
"Sure missed your gals' eggs over the holidays! Had to use the store bought whites - they are PITIFUL! Thanks for getting me back on track this week!"

thumbsup.gif

Well,.... I wouldn't call it cute.... but I had a lady complain that my fresh eggs wouldn't cook right.
roll.png

She said the whites wouldn't get done quick enough in the 'over medium' way of cooking eggs.

I guess she was too used to those store bought eggs with the thin, runny whites.
big_smile.png

LOL! That was sweet of her to give a note! We don't have customers, but suggestive friends that will hand us empty egg cartons. No, they don't have intentions of donatin' them!
wink.png

But our girls are on strike right now anyway....
roll.png

I gave a dozen eggs to a coworker. The label on my eggs reads "Five Happy Hens" with a cute hen on a nest graphic. Later, I received a thank you note from her talking about how her kids just LOVED those eggs (I'd included a few banty eggs). She said her daughter wanted to know whether I only had 5 hens or whether only 5 of them were happy
tongue.png
I got a good chuckle over that.

I've gotten some great stories from coworkers.
One guy's little girls fight over the green eggs, they think the chickens layed the special easter eggs just for them.
One young woman's grandma stole 11 out of the dozen and won't share.
lol.png

Imp

I just took eggs over to my elderly neighbors.Been over 2 months.She was going to get eggs at the store tomorrow,so she was happy to get them. I did not want money,but she pushed it.Instead I asked for a stamp.Got that,and then she sent her husband over with a plate of chocolates and cookies for the kids.Sweet!

One time I trade for an onion and lemon,lol. I am just super happy to finally have eggs to share whether I get anything in return or not.

My friends at work love them, and are converting others around school to buy them. I had to get more chickens to fill their orders. That's what friends do, right?!?!
gig.gif

Not a note but my friend's 3 year old daughter likes the bantam grren eggs and said, in that like kid voice, "I like the green ones, they are sooooo creamy and just my size."

No notes, but I get all kinds of comments on what kids, grand kids think of the pink, green, blue eggs. I love that too. The kids always think someone is fooling with them. Also, my birds are still young, so I get lots of comments on the double yolkers, customers go crazy over that!

Back
Top Bottom