cute pics and sick chicks

trkcChick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Culloden, GA
I got 2 lavender orps yesterday and when I got home one was pretty lifeless; not eating, drinking, running around. So I took it in the house to make sure that it was eating and drinking. I added vitamins/electrolytes and antibiotics to the water. Made it drink and eat every so often. It made it thru the night and then this morning the other one was the same way. I brought it in to make sure it was eating and drinking. They love being together. I can't really tell what might be wrong with them, but I sure hope they make it. Any ideas?

43205_img_0141_edited.jpg

43205_img_0154_edited.jpg

43205_img_0163_edited.jpg

43205_img_0206_edited.jpg

43205_img_0207_edited.jpg

The pix you posted are of sleepy babies - they sleep a lot, and sometimes look dead when they sleep. If they are animated when they awake, and eat and drink, they should be fine. Hopefully you got them from a hatchery that would have vaccinated them, and are feeding them medicated chick starter. Keep them real warm - Also, since they're so little, wash hands with soap before touching them, and don't kiss them yet! Let them get a week old before giving them germs -
smile.png

I have some chicks that we just hatched and have had others before. I have to make these guys eat and drink and they aren't active at all.

I hope they make it. With the antibiotics, they should also be getting a probiotic. Probios is a really good one. I use 1/4 tsp to one quart of water. I change it twice a day and refrigerate the rest until you use it. I add it right with the vitamins. That's if you decide to use it. The vitamins have been a lifesaver for me and saved my dying chick.

Good luck! I'm praying they pull through!

Back
Top Bottom