Cute story I had to share

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NewToFarming, Oct 13, 2011.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I just had to share a cute story that happened today. It was just the sweetest and cutest thing I have seen.
    One of my silkie moms recently started to take the chicks outside. A storm came in suddenly and I believe she thought it would be better to hunker down over her babies to protect them from the storm. I go running out to get them out of the storm and when I get there, my young Favorelle boy was standing over her and the babies. He was going to stick out the storm with them and try to protect them all. I got them all into the barn and everyone was fine but I was just amazed how this boy was going to ride out the storm with her so she wouldn't be alone. He is 6 months old and is turning out to be a great daddy and a very awesome roo!

2. OvertheHenHouse

OvertheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    Awwww - great story, and good boy!

3. bhazell123

bhazell123 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Welsh La
    Aww that's really sweet and daring for the momma and roo sha [​IMG] made my night a little better [​IMG]

4. Honeybun

Honeybun New Egg

Oct 13, 2011
    Arizona
    Awwwwww! [​IMG] that's so cute!

5. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    great story! Roos are awesome (well...some of them, lol)

6. Terrik

Terrik Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Dallas, OR
    [​IMG]
    What a sweet Roo.

7. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    ─Žal Luqa, Malta
    How cool. We also have a rooster (Mr Magician) who is a fantastic father. How nice of your boy to be like that!!

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Your story made my day!

9. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I am still smiling when I think of it and that is why I had to share. These chickens are something! The mom knew it was too windy for the babies to be able to make it to the barn safely so she knew to stay on top of them and the boy knowing she needed a buddy to get soaked with together! ;-) Seeing something like this makes keeping chickens all worth it!!!

10. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    awwwww! [​IMG] I hate it when people think that all roosters are mean! In fact, they usually are the sweetest chicken in the whole pen! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by