emerald
terror
mighty fighter

chickens that passed names:
bloom: polish hen
frizzie: frizzled
astro: astrolorp
alexis: astrolorp

Coming up with names for new chickens can be hard, but is still fun! Here are some names of my chickens.

Chicks:
Susie

Blossom
Rosie

ButterCup

(Two still in need of names)

Hens:
Jenny
Penny

Ruby

Ella Bell

Luna

Molly

Bella

Henrietta

Roosters:
Sir Elliott

Rocky

Rusty

Henry

Mr. Sassy (We thought he was a hen... until the day "She" started crowing! His name had been Sassy but his personality fit the name so well we just changed it to Mr. Sassy.... Unfortunately he had to be re-homed, we had 3 roosters at the time and Mr Sassy and Rocky started fighting one day, but we found a good home for Mr. Sassy and Rusty together with a lady who wanted roosters for breeding, Rocky was my favorite so he was the one to stay)

I figure there must be a fair number of "Buffy"s around but what about "Buffy-The-Vampire-Slayer"? This is a Buff Brahma who, at the tender age of one month, already pecks, bites and holds on when held. Other suggestions included "Pit Bull" but I didn't think it would be fair to the breed.

Yes... not fair to my cousins... I am an American Bulldog... but oh! not fair!

How bout Mrs. Beezly... if you are older... from Family affair....
Buffy died.
The song goes...Buffy Buffy why'd you leave me... why'd you have to go and OD who will watch over Mrs. Beezly?

Mrs. Beezy is the doll... the actress that played Buffy died of an overdose. :(
So paying homage to Buffy......... I know too much thought... I've had a cocktail here in California :) Sipping Pina Coladas by the pool :)

I named my chickens with a sense of humor!

EE: Coco
Buff Orpingtons: Tinkerbell and Chicky FartO
Sizzle: Hedwig
Silkie: Proffesser FuzzButt
Golden Laced Wyandotte: Rosetta

I am going to name my stud rooster Cockmaster. This is not a sexual innuendo, but a glorified improvement of mature cockerel that is the stud cockerel and the master of my flock. Don't be a hater.

Named my Cuckoo Maran rooster "Mujeriago" (Spanish for womanizer). His girls are 2 Australorps - Negrusca and Geisha (means grayish and the second one is a really dark coffee bean in Panama), 2 Cuckoo Marans - Barras and Reyes (means bars and grids).

Back
Top Bottom