cutest chicken names!

I only have a few names for my 27 chickens. My grandaughter named some, but I can't remember what she calls them while she's here...it changes constantly! I name by personality and breed...sort of. Here's a few: Henry for my Lemon Cuckoo Orp..of English lineage. He's with three hens..comes from Henry the VIII ..Chester ...a young cockerel always getting the girls when the rooster wasn't looking...Sampson..Specled Sussex roo...he's the barn flock guy..Nosy Rosy...frizzle girl..she's sooooo nosy! Yoko..naked neck...looks like one of the beetles, so Yoko was the only "girl" around them...Maude. My old barred rock hen. She doesn't take any crap! Like Muade on Goden Girls...those are a few of mine...

I have six Plymouth Barred Rocks. It's hard to tell them apart so for a while I called them by number in whatever order they came running in. Chicken Six is still a serious straggler when I call them. "come on six, here six"
Now a year later they are:
Blacky
Oreo
Scardy Chick
And Rooah, She looks most like a rooster with a bug comb and wattles
They all come running when I call Chick Chick Chicky Doos.

Expecting a dozen Buff Orphington eggs to hatch soon. Very excited!!

We have a Salmon Faverolle named Daisy, a Welsummer named Myrtle, and a dark EE named Jordan. A nod to F. Scott Fitzgerald's Great Gatsby.
smile.png

I like to name chickens after songs so I can sing the songs to the chicken. I have had Crystal blue persuasion, Maybline, black betty, Bonnie, sugar...

Last edited:

I named this hen Greyslyn as a chick when she grew up she laid grey eggs.

The above hen is the chick's aunt, these chicks carry the grey line. in hopes that they continue with the grey eggs, I have named them Greyfin, and Greyta.

born today.

I named this hen Greyslyn as a chick when she grew up she laid grey eggs.

The above hen is the chick's aunt, these chicks carry the grey line. in hopes that they continue with the grey eggs, I have named them Greyfin, and Greyta.

born today.
I see you also have a Welsummer, dark eggs with speckles. We had a Welsummer, she got taken by a hawk and I miss her and her brown speckled eggs. Love those grey eggs and their names.

Back
Top Bottom