Pics
Me and my family have come up with some creative names for our chickens

Artemis- buff polish
Khonsu- white crested black polish
Mabel- white laced buff Cornish
PomPom- white crested black polish
Puffzilla- buff cochin
Speed Racer (Racer for short)- mystery

I have almost the same thread. Personality is important. I named mine Kitty because she purrs. I like presto gizmo and Cheerio (a cheery one)

What should I name him? I'll take any suggestions.

Such cute names posted! We've got an interesting mix of names for ours though I love old lady names. My mama gets to name the next chick.
Hubbys- Red (rooster), Scramble
My mama- Grandma Prissy
My daughters- Henrietta, Afro, Blackie, Happy Feet
My sons- Sierra, Skinny Mini Me
Mine- Mother Clucker, Juney, Piggy, Marmalade, Tipsy, Firework

We started off with rir chicks that later became Mr. Peck -self explanatory after brothers Free and Range became racoon food, Lacy -quiet demeanor and smaller than others, Pizza- bright pepperoni red around neck, Hilda- oldest daughter named. I refused to call her Hilda until she became fattest and bossiest! Then the daughters we didn't sell from the first hatching- Nipper because she will nip and hold on to your hand until you 'ask' her to let go (like a dog wanting to be pet on), and Feather because if you sit down on the edge of the roost box she jumps up to your lap like she's a canary. The 3 cockerals are just 'the boys'.

My family and I are huge Disney fans so all of our names are Disney characters (you wouldn't believe how hard it was to come up with 40 Disney female names). Most were based on their color but some we had to just give them a name. Additionally, my grandmothers' names were Jessie (Toy Story) and Alice (Alice in Wonderland) so I chose the ones that reminded me of them to be those names.

Ok here it goes, Little Silk, Little Puff, Little Buff, Jo Anna, Angel, Chopper, (pronounced Chomper, she's actually nice), Momma Hen, Black Pearl, Stripy, Jenny, Biter, Spurs (female with spurs), Dusty, Freckle, Crows, Henrietta, Roosty, Ashley, Raven, Sultan, Lizzy, Loud Mouth, Eye Patch, Lacey, Niagra, Bob, (Obi)-Wan, Cross Beak and many others. New chicks names are: Poopy toes, Dr. House, Nugget, Chance, Blondie, Mary, Carmel, Cupcake, 007, Fuzzyman, Nessie, Lucky, and Pip, (from Great Expectations). Guess I have quite a variety of names! :) All different breeds too. Oh can't forget Ping, a muscovy duck.

Ok here it goes, Little Silk, Little Puff, Little Buff, Jo Anna, Angel, Chopper, (pronounced Chomper, she's actually nice), Momma Hen, Black Pearl, Stripy, Jenny, Biter, Spurs (female with spurs), Dusty, Freckle, Crows, Henrietta, Roosty, Ashley, Raven, Sultan, Lizzy, Loud Mouth, Eye Patch, Lacey, Niagra, Bob, (Obi)-Wan, Cross Beak and many others.  New chicks names are: Poopy toes, Dr. House, Nugget, Chance, Blondie, Mary, Carmel, Cupcake, 007, Fuzzyman, Nessie, Lucky, and Pip, (from Great Expectations). Guess I have quite a variety of names! :) All different breeds too. Oh can't forget Ping, a muscovy duck.

I'm curious as to why you would name her chopper then pronounce it chomper

Back
Top Bottom