cutest chicken names!

I'm keeping it chicken style, Chowder,Crockpot,nugget,Cacciatore,dumpling.....the last one is Rosey {after my wifes Grandma who just passed away}

Love Cacciatore! Since I'm partially Italian, I'm going to have to steal using that one with my next hatch.
wink.png

Add to that -- Milano, Marsala, Piccata, Scarpariello, etc... oooh oooh oooh thank you!

I named my Delaware 'Norma Jean'. Sort of after my dad, Norm, who attended the University of Delaware (whose mascot is the Blue Hen).

I also impressed myself by naming my Blue Polish 'Lola'. I felt like she was like a showgirl with a headdress. You know, after the song... "Her name was Lola. She was a showgirl..."

With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there.... haha I like it!

(Norma Jean was my mother's name. She passed away just over a year ago and I considered naming one of my ducklings after her, but couldn't pick one to give the name to. They hatched just a week after her birthday)

I named my Delaware 'Norma Jean'. Sort of after my dad, Norm, who attended the University of Delaware (whose mascot is the Blue Hen).

I also impressed myself by naming my Blue Polish 'Lola'. I felt like she was like a showgirl with a headdress. You know, after the song... "Her name was Lola. She was a showgirl..."
I LOVE the name Lola! Being a huge Barry Manilow fan, this does my heart good.

I got my 7 chicks last week .
Six had names within a day . Iris & Hoot ( ee) , Redd (rir) , Polly & Peck ( sussex) , McChicken ( buff brahma ) . For some reason we can not pick a name for my dark brahma , nothing seems to fit .

gemnames are always nice, such as:
opal
amber-(my sisters rabbit's name)
turquoise
sapphire-(one of my bantam's name)
topaz-(one of my hen's name)
diamond
gold/goldy
silver
ruby
emerald
crystal
amethyst
...ect.

you pretty much cannot go wrong with gemstone names :)

gemnames are always nice, such as:
opal
amber-(my sisters rabbit's name)
turquoise
sapphire-(one of my bantam's name)
topaz-(one of my hen's name)
diamond
gold/goldy
silver
ruby
emerald
crystal
amethyst
...ect.

you pretty much cannot go wrong with gemstone names :)

I like these - may have to change my game plan!

Penny, polly and molly are the names of the 5hree spunky chicks in the children's book "Tough Chicks". We are getting our first chicks this weekend and my kids want to name them. But I am a kindergarten teacher and would name three of them after the charters in one of my favorite children's books characters if I had my way.

I think I'm finally set on names for my six. I'm going with a cross genre princess names.

Australorp : Mononoke (Japanese anime princess)

Welsummer : Buttercup (Princess Bride)

Golden Laced Wyandotte : Merida (Disney, Brave)

Buckeye : Sansa (Game of Thrones, Ned Stark's daughter)

Crested Cream Legbar : Peach (Nintendo, Mario)

Partridge Plymouth Rock : Vanellope von Schweetz (Disney, Wreck it Ralph)

Might still change Mononoke to Zelda or Leia but I don't need THREE Disney princesses lol

It was princesses or nuts..Acorn, Almond, Pecan, Pistachio, Hickory, Buckeye, Cashew.. Hubby liked princesses best so they won.

Back
Top Bottom