cutest duck contest - WITH PRIZE

Pics
I

I can't view her profile

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/theres-no-place-like-home.1418553/

I was wrong she was there Saturday, but it wasn't a happy interaction. I can think of multiple reasons she might stay away from BYC. I know she cares deeply about animals and so it can be hard to read about how animal are getting hurt regularly. Or she could just have a lot of homework!
You couldn't view her profile? I did acutely see a post were she had multiple drakes and she was wondering what to do. Everyone was telling her to butcher them or rehome, because separating wouldn't work or something. She kept telling them they were pets and she wouldn't butcher them, and no one was really helping her. She may have gotten offended because everyone was telling her to butcher, and she decided to avoid BYC. Who knows? They didn't know she was a kid too when they were posting on that thread, so they may have been a little harsh, and made here more offended then they thought they would?

You couldn't view her profile? I did acutely see a post were she had multiple drakes and she was wondering what to do. Everyone was telling her to butcher them or rehome, because separating wouldn't work or something. She kept telling them they were pets and she wouldn't butcher them, and no one was really helping her. She may have gotten offended because everyone was telling her to butcher, and she decided to avoid BYC. Who knows? They didn't know she was a kid too when they were posting on that thread, so they may have been a little harsh, and made here more offended then they thought they would?
Yeah, I can't view her profile either. It says only certain people can. But it lets me send her private messages.

Yeah, I remember that post. I wish there was a way to know when you are talking with kids. I understand BYCs position on it, that they don't do that on purpose to protect kids from predators. But I also feel like people would be a bit more gentle with kids, like in that situation. I don't have a solution. Obviously kids need to be protected. And I'd like them to be treated more gently.

j
Yeah, I can't view her profile either. It says only certain people can. But it lets me send her private messages.

Yeah, I remember that post. I wish there was a way to know when you are talking with kids. I understand BYCs position on it, that they don't do that on purpose to protect kids from predators. But I also feel like people would be a bit more gentle with kids, like in that situation. I don't have a solution. Obviously kids need to be protected. And I'd like them to be treated more gently.
1000% agreed! I am young too, under 18 can't say age though. I have posted threads and people have been harsh and it sucks! Especially this one where I was helping a friend with an aggressive rooster. I was NOT appreciative of shadrach's comment! https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/rooster-question-regarding-pinless-peepers.1411792/

hi! i am so sorry i haven’t responded! i have lots of school work to do, along with taking care of all my pets. the contest will end in exactly one week so feel free to enter if you haven’t.
Thank you so much for responding! Sorry about ALL the notifications! I have had a lot of school to do too! Ya! I am so happy you are alive!:woot:wee:woot

Back
Top Bottom