Cutest Webs of 2016 contest

I guess since i'm judge I can't enter my own ducks, but here is my Anconas!

And here they are now...sniff... they're so so BIG!
hit.gif

Enjoy your ducklings, guys! 'Cause they'll be big whoppers in a few weeks! ...sigh....

Last edited:

hit.gif

Enjoy your ducklings, guys! 'Cause they'll be big whoppers in a few weeks! ...sigh....
Oh, they are so cute! Everyone's ducklings are so cute! Anconas are one of my favorite breeds, too!
x2 they grow up too fast
sad.png

Cool! HaHa right now I'm picturing a duck with those long green fins, huge goggles, and a breathing apparatus! I'm going to have to try to draw that!
I just love ducks, too! I especially love watching them swim. Their bodies are streamlined and they have huge feet for paddling- pure awesomeness!
Too bad you can't keep webbed birds
sad.png
. Zebra finches are adorable, though! I love all birds!
I just had this great idea: the next duck I have should have "the Snorkeler" after it's name, like a long time ago when people had something after their names, like Pepin the Short, Lothair the Elder, Charles the Bald, etc. (Yes, I'm a history person!) The sad thing is I probably won't get more for a while: I need a bigger coop! But, when I do, I'll have lots of name ideas!

Sorry!
big_smile.png
Just giving some ideas ...
tongue.png
That would be a hilarious vision. A duck bewrd in snorkel garb.

I agree with you about watching ducks swim. They are truly amazing. And I love how their oily feathers just repel the water. And they float like boats and sleep on gentle water. Then the wild ones fly!! So to repeat myself, they are birds, too.

I love all birds myself and other than zebras, ducks really, really have their hooks deep into me. I think it's a combination of their looks, personalities and adaptability. I get such a huge amount of pleasure being here on BYC.

Cool you're a history person. I wish I was. I am so ignorant. It's fascinating. Gives us all an idea about our origins and the processes to get to where we are today.

Haha. Adding the Snorkeler after a new duck's name would be hilarious. I could see you doing that.

I am glad I have people on here to get silly about ducks with. They are not a mainstream pet so it's nice to have a forum to go crazy on.

hit.gif

You are funny. So true. But yours as adults are soooo cute. That is the greatest thing about ducks, IMO, as 'lings they are unstoppable in their cuteness but as adults they are still so dang cute that sometimes I have to look away.

Yours are so beautifully colored and I can see their dark webs on the lighter gravel. YAY!!!!

You are funny. So true. But yours as adults are soooo cute. That is the greatest thing about ducks, IMO, as 'lings they are unstoppable in their cuteness but as adults they are still so dang cute that sometimes I have to look away.

Yours are so beautifully colored and I can see their dark webs on the lighter gravel. YAY!!!!
Yeah. Ducks are the best at any age whatsoever.
I'm an absolute duck nut. Want proof? I went to fill my ducks water last night singing
"I love you etc." to my ducks.
big_smile.png
Yep, I'm a goner. I'll never be pulled from my duck love chasm.

Back
Top Bottom