Cutest Webs of 2016 contest

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by The Duck Ladie, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I LOVE YOU. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - YOU CRACK ME UP. FROM YOUR MENTION OF FILTHY PINE SHAVINGS TO SHOES TO NON LAVENDER SURFACES TO THEM STANDING ON OTHER THINGS. WEBS ON A PILLOW. I AWAIT MORE HUMOR AND PIX OF WEBS. WEBFORMIX. WEBS ARE VERY TECH COMPUTERISH AND BRILLIANT IN THEIR DESIGN. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I AM SHOUTING IN ALL CAPS AND I AM A DUCK SCIENTIST.

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD AT YOUR AWESOME HUMOR I AM ACTUALLY COUGHING AND ALMOST CHOKING. THANK YOU!!!

I DO APPRECIATE THIS SO MUCH.

ON a more serious and calmer note, your duck burds are absolutely adorable in their roundness and their sporty webs also known as swim fins. Did you all know that ducks are natural snorkelers? They don't need no rubber fin feets, goggles and breathing tube. They are AWESOME!!

2. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    WHAT? HELP ME…….

OK, I LOVE NATURE. LOOK AT WHAT IS HERE. LOOK!! SO SPEECHLESS.

3. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I LOVE YOU BANTI. YOU SAID HOOPOOSE AND PANCAKITOONS AND AND AND…….

4. DuckGirl77

DuckGirl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    x2 !!!!!! Ducks are so awesome!
    Thanks so much Julie Bird; I just love your view of ducks!
    I was wondering- thought you might know- do ducks have transparent eyelids so they can see underwater? Mine swim underwater and they don't run into stuff so I thought they might (unless they swim with their eyes open?) And how do they stay underwater for so long without being able to breathe? If you don't know, that's OK, just thought I'd ask- you seem like the science type!
    Thanks again! [​IMG]

5. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    LAUGHING AND CHOKING!!

6. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    You're so welcome. And yes, they do have those transparent or nictictating eyelids. They, I've heard, also engage them during flight and so for my snorkeling analogy as to goggles I had those eyelids in mind. As for the underwater thing and being able to stay down there, they hold their breath and since they are a burd adapted for water antics there is probably something on a cellular level that enables them to stay underwater for as long as they do. It could be their lung capacity and how well they are able to maintain oxygen levels before it circulates to co2 that they have to expel then once that's accomplished they have to come up for air to take in more Os.

I have so much fun with the whole duck thing. It is a big part of my life. I love them. the way I carry on. i don't own any but do have two very tiny zebra finches that free range in my house. and they are bitsy burds and i love them so much. i am a renter so cannot have any webbed feeted burbies.

7. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    their dirty feet on a towel. loving your posts. you are hilarious.

your Welshie 'lings are sooo adorable. look at their faces and round little bodies. I love Welshies. My buddy has one and she is a precious being.

8. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    North
    My Coop

Don't choke- who else would tell me my burds were the cutest?? :D

9. The Duck Ladie

The Duck Ladie Duck Addict

Feb 23, 2016
    It seems DuckGirl77 and Banti are trying to takeover judging[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  10. DuckGirl77

DuckGirl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    Cool! HaHa right now I'm picturing a duck with those long green fins, huge goggles, and a breathing apparatus! I'm going to have to try to draw that!
    I just love ducks, too! I especially love watching them swim. Their bodies are streamlined and they have huge feet for paddling- pure awesomeness!
    Too bad you can't keep webbed birds [​IMG]. Zebra finches are adorable, though! I love all birds!
    I just had this great idea: the next duck I have should have "the Snorkeler" after it's name, like a long time ago when people had something after their names, like Pepin the Short, Lothair the Elder, Charles the Bald, etc. (Yes, I'm a history person!) The sad thing is I probably won't get more for a while: I need a bigger coop! But, when I do, I'll have lots of name ideas!

Sorry! [​IMG] Just giving some ideas ... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by