Cutest Webs of 2016 contest

I may not have a lavender towel, but my ducks can stand on other things! Right?
hide.gif

Webs on a pillow

Webs on a blanket

Webs on a shoe. Alright, alright, I know you can't see them, but they're there! (I was going to do webs in shoes, but Puddles wouldn't cooperate.
sad.png
)

Webs on filthy pine shavings
sickbyc.gif

Different colored webs on filthy pine shavings!

Puddles showing off her webs!

"Well, what do you think?"

@Julie Bird You would appreciate this!
smile.png

lau.gif
Ooooooh, Duck Ladie, that's good! I like it!
I LOVE YOU. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - YOU CRACK ME UP. FROM YOUR MENTION OF FILTHY PINE SHAVINGS TO SHOES TO NON LAVENDER SURFACES TO THEM STANDING ON OTHER THINGS. WEBS ON A PILLOW. I AWAIT MORE HUMOR AND PIX OF WEBS. WEBFORMIX. WEBS ARE VERY TECH COMPUTERISH AND BRILLIANT IN THEIR DESIGN. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I AM SHOUTING IN ALL CAPS AND I AM A DUCK SCIENTIST.

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD AT YOUR AWESOME HUMOR I AM ACTUALLY COUGHING AND ALMOST CHOKING. THANK YOU!!!

I DO APPRECIATE THIS SO MUCH.

ON a more serious and calmer note, your duck burds are absolutely adorable in their roundness and their sporty webs also known as swim fins. Did you all know that ducks are natural snorkelers? They don't need no rubber fin feets, goggles and breathing tube. They are AWESOME!!

I LOVE YOU. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - YOU CRACK ME UP. FROM YOUR MENTION OF FILTHY PINE SHAVINGS TO SHOES TO NON LAVENDER SURFACES TO THEM STANDING ON OTHER THINGS. WEBS ON A PILLOW. I AWAIT MORE HUMOR AND PIX OF WEBS. WEBFORMIX. WEBS ARE VERY TECH COMPUTERISH AND BRILLIANT IN THEIR DESIGN. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I AM SHOUTING IN ALL CAPS AND I AM A DUCK SCIENTIST.

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD AT YOUR AWESOME HUMOR I AM ACTUALLY COUGHING AND ALMOST CHOKING. THANK YOU!!!

I DO APPRECIATE THIS SO MUCH.

ON a more serious and calmer note, your duck burds are absolutely adorable in their roundness and their sporty webs also known as swim fins. Did you all know that ducks are natural snorkelers? They don't need no rubber fin feets, goggles and breathing tube. They are AWESOME!!
x2 !!!!!! Ducks are so awesome!
Thanks so much Julie Bird; I just love your view of ducks!
I was wondering- thought you might know- do ducks have transparent eyelids so they can see underwater? Mine swim underwater and they don't run into stuff so I thought they might (unless they swim with their eyes open?) And how do they stay underwater for so long without being able to breathe? If you don't know, that's OK, just thought I'd ask- you seem like the science type!
Thanks again!
big_smile.png

x2 !!!!!! Ducks are so awesome!
Thanks so much Julie Bird; I just love your view of ducks!
I was wondering- thought you might know- do ducks have transparent eyelids so they can see underwater? Mine swim underwater and they don't run into stuff so I thought they might (unless they swim with their eyes open?) And how do they stay underwater for so long without being able to breathe? If you don't know, that's OK, just thought I'd ask- you seem like the science type!
Thanks again!
big_smile.png
You're so welcome. And yes, they do have those transparent or nictictating eyelids. They, I've heard, also engage them during flight and so for my snorkeling analogy as to goggles I had those eyelids in mind. As for the underwater thing and being able to stay down there, they hold their breath and since they are a burd adapted for water antics there is probably something on a cellular level that enables them to stay underwater for as long as they do. It could be their lung capacity and how well they are able to maintain oxygen levels before it circulates to co2 that they have to expel then once that's accomplished they have to come up for air to take in more Os.

I have so much fun with the whole duck thing. It is a big part of my life. I love them. the way I carry on. i don't own any but do have two very tiny zebra finches that free range in my house. and they are bitsy burds and i love them so much. i am a renter so cannot have any webbed feeted burbies.

Fine, here's their dirty feet on a towel!

They didn't stay on the towel very well, they'd rather sit next to it and eat it.

("Mmmm, what laundry detergent do you use?)
their dirty feet on a towel. loving your posts. you are hilarious.

your Welshie 'lings are sooo adorable. look at their faces and round little bodies. I love Welshies. My buddy has one and she is a precious being.

Hmmm ... let me check with them and make sure that's OK ......

Nope. Sorry, but the Quackers verdict says mine are the cutest, yours are second, and MoonMoon is third.
big_smile.png

She doesn't understand that all ducklings were created equal!
tongue.png

C'mon, at least I gave you second place!!!
hu.gif

I guess we'll have to see what the judge says! (Pssst, judge, if you need any help ... )
It seems DuckGirl77 and Banti are trying to takeover judging
roll.png

Last edited:
You're so welcome. And yes, they do have those transparent or nictictating eyelids. They, I've heard, also engage them during flight and so for my snorkeling analogy as to goggles I had those eyelids in mind. As for the underwater thing and being able to stay down there, they hold their breath and since they are a burd adapted for water antics there is probably something on a cellular level that enables them to stay underwater for as long as they do. It could be their lung capacity and how well they are able to maintain oxygen levels before it circulates to co2 that they have to expel then once that's accomplished they have to come up for air to take in more Os.

I have so much fun with the whole duck thing. It is a big part of my life. I love them. the way I carry on. i don't own any but do have two very tiny zebra finches that free range in my house. and they are bitsy burds and i love them so much. i am a renter so cannot have any webbed feeted burbies.
Cool! HaHa right now I'm picturing a duck with those long green fins, huge goggles, and a breathing apparatus! I'm going to have to try to draw that!
I just love ducks, too! I especially love watching them swim. Their bodies are streamlined and they have huge feet for paddling- pure awesomeness!
Too bad you can't keep webbed birds
sad.png
. Zebra finches are adorable, though! I love all birds!
I just had this great idea: the next duck I have should have "the Snorkeler" after it's name, like a long time ago when people had something after their names, like Pepin the Short, Lothair the Elder, Charles the Bald, etc. (Yes, I'm a history person!) The sad thing is I probably won't get more for a while: I need a bigger coop! But, when I do, I'll have lots of name ideas!

It seems DuckGirl77 and Banti are trying to takeover judging
roll.png
Sorry!
big_smile.png
Just giving some ideas ...
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom