Cuyaga or WH for quiet, tame pet/emotional support animals?

Thanks PotatoWaffles! I'm home full time and one of my kiddos is independent study/homeschool so TONS of socialization opportunities here. Wondering if anyone has tried poaching their ducklings? It is a method of bonding used with a number of rodents, exotics, and "skittish" critters where you essentially do your daily business with them periodically in a pouch attached to your body,

In undergrad my psychology study was a handling study on genetically altered, neurotic rats. The bulk of my planning and research method was based on handling experiments with chickens. Don't see why I couldn't apply this to ducks?

What do you think about 2 hens and 1 drake....too much for the hens?

Thanks!

You could try the pouch thing but in my experience ducklings like to run around and move a lot. To socialize mine I'd lay in the grass outside and let the ducklings run around me and play in the grass, when thn they git tired they woukd come to me and snuggle up against me and sleep. I'd also pick them up and pet them all over; their feet, their head, their belly so they would be used to it. They'd also get daily baths to try swimming and to bathe.

Thank you all for your feedback....our 2 hens (1Cayuga 1 WH) have been ordered and expected to arrive April 25th. SO EXCITED!!!!

Back
Top Bottom