Cyst on foot?

kristen9nicole

Hatching
Aug 15, 2016
I have a one and a half year old brown leghorn hen who has a tumor or cyst-like swelling between her toes on her left leg. She does not appear to be limping and she's still laying, and doesn't show any signs of pain when I apply pressure to the area. I'm not sure how long this was developing, as I was gone on vacation for over a week and just got back last night. Since she isn't limping and I don't handle her very often, it may have been developing for a while. I just need advice on whether or not I should be concerned and should do something about this.

This is what it looks like:

Thank you!

I have a one and a half year old brown leghorn hen who has a tumor or cyst-like swelling between her toes on her left leg. She does not appear to be limping and she's still laying, and doesn't show any signs of pain when I apply pressure to the area. I'm not sure how long this was developing, as I was gone on vacation for over a week and just got back last night. Since she isn't limping and I don't handle her very often, it may have been developing for a while. I just need advice on whether or not I should be concerned and should do something about this.

This is what it looks like:

Thank you!

it is bumblefoot, an early stage. it will be easy to clean it as it is on the upper side. search for bumblefoot and you will find posts about how to treat it.

Back
Top Bottom