Cyst under eye.... Easter egger

Everharts13

Chirping
Jul 18, 2018
Anyone ever see this? How do you treat it’s firm and has gotten bigger.

Attachments

• F8D7B55C-50A9-4C12-9447-21A8ABF33B01.jpeg
    F8D7B55C-50A9-4C12-9447-21A8ABF33B01.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 19
How long has that been there? It looks like there may be some bubbles and gunk in the corners of the eye. It may be a sinus infection from a respiratory disease such as MG (mycoplasma gallisepticum.) Have you seen any sneezing or cough, crackles when breathing, or gasping? Does it seem firm like there might be solid pus inside? If it is very hard it might be a tumor, but sinus infection would be more common.

Is there any odor to it? Does it seem to bother the chicken, does she scratch at it or shake her head? Do you see any drainage from it? If your hen will let you handle her, gently cup it with the palm of your hand; does it feel significantly hotter than the rest of her face or head, indicating infection?

How long has that been there? It looks like there may be some bubbles and gunk in the corners of the eye. It may be a sinus infection from a respiratory disease such as MG (mycoplasma gallisepticum.) Have you seen any sneezing or cough, crackles when breathing, or gasping? Does it seem firm like there might be solid pus inside? If it is very hard it might be a tumor, but sinus infection would be more common.
It’s been there a while but it wasn’t this big it was much smaller. Lately it’s grown much bigger within the last few weeks it’s firm not sure if I can drain it we haven’t noticed her with any sneezing or any bubbles how would you treat that though maybe I can just in case .

Is there any odor to it? Does it seem to bother the chicken, does she scratch at it or shake her head? Do you see any drainage from it? If your hen will let you handle her, gently cup it with the palm of your hand; does it feel significantly hotter than the rest of her face or head, indicating infection?
I will check it later it wasn’t hot doesn’t seem to bother her at all it just looks bad and I’d think it affects her site it’s so big now. Would you try and puncture it to see if it will drain?

It might have pus inside it if it is an abscess. If it were a sinus infection, ssometimes you can squeeze it, and it will come around the eye. You could try squeezing the lump to see if it comes out around the eye, and then lance it with a sterile scalpel and squeezing the possible abscess. Pus usually gets solid like cheeze after awhile in chickens.

Back
Top Bottom