Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

IMG_8415.JPG

IMG_8416.JPG

This little guy arrived this morning!
Note clearly defined tail and feathers

OhEmGee! The pictures are killing me! Mostly new here, have 28 calls in the incubator right now in a staggered hatch, first set due in a week.

I have snowies and pastel, but they drop their eggs all over the yard, at what age can they be differentiated.

IMG_8418.JPG IMG_8419.JPG IMG_8421.JPG IMG_8424.JPG IMG_8423.JPG

First swim/water therapy for the yellow one who was malpositioned in the egg with his foot over his head and has splay leg. Im supplimenting niacin in their water and had him in a bandaid splint and its worked tremendously. While he absolutely hates the splint and has a hard time getting around, ive seen major improvement and dont even think ill need to use it again. I believe it's crucial to treat splay leg as soon as you notice it especially when theyre young like this and recover so quickly because they're growing so fast.

Also the gray is a ball of energy! So spunky and excited about everything. Running and falling and jumping and tumbling and even at just two days old he was doing the "dive underwater like a torpedo" thing:jumpy

Last edited:
View attachment 1292533 View attachment 1292534 View attachment 1292535 View attachment 1292536 View attachment 1292537

First swim/water therapy for the yellow one who was malpositioned in the egg with his foot over his head and has splay leg. Im supplimenting niacin in their water and had him in a bandaid splint and its worked tremendously. While he absolutely hates the splint and has a hard time getting around, ive seen major improvement and dont even think ill need to use it again. I believe it's crucial to treat splay leg as soon as you notice it especially when theyre young like this and recover so quickly because they're growing so fast.

Also the gray is a ball of energy! So spunky and excited about everything. Running and falling and jumping and tumbling and even at just two days old he was doing the "dive underwater like a torpedo" thing:jumpy

So cute. :love

OhEmGee! The pictures are killing me! Mostly new here, have 28 calls in the incubator right now in a staggered hatch, first set due in a week.

I have snowies and pastel, but they drop their eggs all over the yard, at what age can they be differentiated.

Good luck!! Of course, post pics!

View attachment 1292533 View attachment 1292534 View attachment 1292535 View attachment 1292536 View attachment 1292537

GASP!! CUTE PRECIOUS WEBBEDNESS SMALLNESS.

So of the three fertile eggs, all hatched!!! Thats a 100% hatch rate for my calls :celebrate I've learned so much from BYC In the 8 years I've been here :hit
I used Pyxis' assisted hatching method and followed WVduckchick's humidity guidelines.

I was very excited to see what my white drake on my grays would produce... more white and grays :rolleyes::lol:

Should I apologize for the fluffy spam...?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Adorable ducklings! That is very interesting that they would produce more of the same colors. When they're feathers start coming in they might have a few specially colored feathers that indicate they're mixed colors. I bet they'll be beautiful.

I can't wait 'til mine hatch. It'll be my first time raising and owning calls.

Back
Top Bottom