Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics
I'm betting she will freak out when they discover water!

These guys hatched last night and this morning.

Can we talk pools? we are going to be making a ground pen for mine so want a pool, trouble is those short legs, so what do you all use? i am fully aware of kiddy pools but they lack long term durability and i notice calls like to be in the water a lot mine sit in their small rubber bowl most of the day, okay it's a thousand degrees out these days but still lol

Last edited:
I have always used kiddy pools. Mine seem to last a year and then I need to get a new one (They gets holes in them & are just sorta natsy). You could try placing bricks on the outside so they could climb in?

So adorable! she looks so happy! and i bet she'll go freakin' nuts when they hit the water!

she has them up and moving this morning. she seems a little concerned that they won't scratch with her. she keep taking them to a different spot scratching and clucking to them gently and they just look at her like what do you want us to do? I'm going to laugh if they figure out how to imitate her.

I have always used kiddy pools. Mine seem to last a year and then I need to get a new one (They gets holes in them & are just sorta natsy). You could try placing bricks on the outside so they could climb in?

Yeah, that is what bugs me about them i need a mini trough lol or they need a ladder, they any good at ramps?? my scovies are like hippos in ballet.

she has them up and moving this morning. she seems a little concerned that they won't scratch with her. she keep taking them to a different spot scratching and clucking to them gently and they just look at her like what do you want us to do? I'm going to laugh if they figure out how to imitate her.

The visual on that is too funny!
yuckyuck.gif

Yeah, that is what bugs me about them i need a mini trough lol or they need a ladder, they any good at ramps?? my scovies are like hippos in ballet.
I use kiddie pools and they use a piece of wood as a ramp. I think mines a 2X12 about 18 inches long. A little steep but they get in just fine. Now getting out is a different story. Your hippos in ballet describes it well but on a much smaller scale. I've even put creek rock for them to stand on and jump out and they prefer to tumble out.

I use kiddie pools and they use a piece of wood as a ramp. I think mines a 2X12 about 18 inches long. A little steep but they get in just fine. Now getting out is a different story. Your hippos in ballet describes it well but on a much smaller scale. I've even put creek rock for them to stand on and jump out and they prefer to tumble out.

Thanks, yeah they are not the most agile things, now calls in water? wow... but the scovies cannot use ramps, they are pretty bulky the ladies are more refined, the drakes are again hippos lol For now the calls just have a small rubber bowl that they navigate quite well but were doing a ground pen and want a proper pool, they used to swim in the bathtub in the house
hide.gif

I'm so against having a house duck! No one should every have a duck in their house...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom