Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics
Going Quackers
I use the long chick feeders with the holes in the top. You have to fill three or four times a day, but the ducks cant get the feed all wet and packed in the feeder with them. Ducks are just messy to raise when you have them in a confined space.

Okay, perhaps it's the holes they like i had tried an open trough.. they acted like i added a snake to the brooder lol
gig.gif
Oh, and i know.. these guys are only 2 but they have many, many Muscovy siblings(and 2 buffs) that they don't know about...

Two little call ducklings just hours after hatching. I couldn't not take a photo, when I walked by the tub and saw the yellow one sleeping on his back.
smile.png
I'm not sure what color these will be, as I hadn't divided up my pair of Silver Appleyards, pair of Grays, and trio of Blue Butterscotch and Apricot Silver.

The Yellow one looks like he's sunbathing!! Tooooooo cute!!!!

I've got my first batch of calls hopefully hatching this weekend. I'm so anxious. Hope all goes well!!!

Hi all from Ireland,

I was wondering if someone could help me. My 3 call duck eggs are on day 24. One is moving a bit and the egg is rocking but the other 2 are still. I candled them yesterday just before I put them on lockdown. No chirping is being heard yet.
Today it's still the same. I was just wondering if the fact one egg is moving is normal for 3 days before hatch date? And if it is normal, should I be worrying about the 2 eggs doing nothing? This is my first ever hatch and want to do right by the little ducks but I tend to worry a lot. Is there anything I should do to help? Any help or advice would be gratefully welcomed and I promise to upload photos of ducklings you helped bring into the world. :D

mine started rocking a day or two before internal pip, some almost flipped over while others just twitched a little. also they sleep a lot so you could be missing it....watch for the internal pip and be patient!

I've got 5 snowy babies, 2 more definitely going to hatch. I've got 1grey working on hatching. One snowy left that is questionable. 8 out of 10 for sure isn't bad for call duck eggs. Especially since this is the first real year I've been incubating a ton of them.

Back
Top Bottom