Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Quote:
Ok, I will switch game bird now. Is the cayenne paper safe? Yeah, I don't know for you but we are only in the 50's so it might not be warm enough yet....
My girl, Perdy, is on Dumor Layer Crumbles and she has laid me 40 eggs this year. The only reason she stopped is cause she is sitting on her very first nest of 9 eggs (I incubated all of her other eggs) and she's only 8 months old. I didn't have her on oyster shells either. So, I don't think that it's the food. I don't know what it is, cause all your factors seem accurate.

Last edited:
last year they started around march...

So is anything different this year than it was then, or has anything changed recently? Anything that gets them out of sorts can cause them to stop laying or not start, even the stuff like Silkie said with them not liking their accommodations. We had to make a change to our setup about three weeks ago, and it wasn't something that we could hold off until after laying season. Every one of our Calls stopped laying for several days, maybe a week, after we made that change.

My ducks quit laying last year for a few weeks cause we built them a new trough feeder :/ apparently it was going to eat them. They wouldn't even eat out of it.

There's yer sign. :p Ducks positively hate change! They're kinda like old white people. (it's a joke, sorry, I couldn't help myself!)

That's funny right there! Lol

I'm forever moving stuff around on my ducks. They make such a mud pit under their water jugs, when I refill them, I put them back in a different spot. They don't seem to mind though. Maybe just that its the same waterer makes it ok to them.

Maybe it is that we are renovating their pen.... Now that I think of it, it is probably that.

Definitely found your problem. Quit messing with the pen, you'll get eggs within a week.

There's yer sign. :p Ducks positively hate change! They're kinda like old white people. (it's a joke, sorry, I couldn't help myself!)

That's funny right there! Lol

I'm forever moving stuff around on my ducks. They make such a mud pit under their water jugs, when I refill them, I put them back in a different spot. They don't seem to mind though. Maybe just that its the same waterer makes it ok to them.

The waterer being moved is their normal, so no big deal.

Decided to rehome Duchess & Duke (they're 6 weeks old), since I already have a pair of Grey Calls! So, I have my Winnie (Snowy), Perdy (Grey), Pippa (Grey), and Winter (Snowy or White) So happy! I love my ducks!
1f60d.png

Back
Top Bottom