Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

I have not but have been reading up and picking brains so I hope I can get a few :fl
I'm sure the boys will figure it out. Lol

Well please pm me if you need any help or have any questions!! It was a long, stressful hatch with lots of assisting but so worth it! My first batch was very badly damaged in shipping and all had fully rolling aircells but I managed to get one precious baby to hatch. She is now a happy, healthy, indoor house duck and a fully active member of the family. Next batch was better and now I have a small flock outside. They are so worth it!

Treat time! They love their peas
1f495.png

How is everybody doing?
I hope all duckies are well!

So adorable! I'm trying to train mine to like treats. I've tried meal worms and peas and they have not gotten the hang of it yet. They look at me confused! I should have started them as babies but while they were being brooded inside it was duck crumbles only or they get to smelly! :gig

I don't have Calls, but I can't resist looking at them... They are so cute!

Best pets ever!! I would never trade them for anything!

So adorable! I'm trying to train mine to like treats. I've tried meal worms and peas and they have not gotten the hang of it yet. They look at me confused! I should have started them as babies but while they were being brooded inside it was duck crumbles only or they get to smelly! :gig

Lol, yes definitely start young! It wasn't long after I hatched my two Calls that I started hand feeding them treats! And, they absolutely love them! They go crazy for treats! I didn't start early enough with my two Silkies and the first time I offered them peas they took one look and let out a big ole' shrill! So, needless to say, I'm working with them! Lol, as sweet as can be though! I love my Call duckies & Silkie chickies! :)

Last edited:
Well please pm me if you need any help or have any questions!! It was a long, stressful hatch with lots of assisting but so worth it! My first batch was very badly damaged in shipping and all had fully rolling aircells but I managed to get one precious baby to hatch. She is now a happy, healthy, indoor house duck and a fully active member of the family. Next batch was better and now I have a small flock outside. They are so worth it!
So adorable! I'm trying to train mine to like treats. I've tried meal worms and peas and they have not gotten the hang of it yet. They look at me confused! I should have started them as babies but while they were being brooded inside it was duck crumbles only or they get to smelly!
gig.gif

Best pets ever!! I would never trade them for anything!
Thats so sweet of you thatnks!
I hope i can hatch them i want them so bad LOL
my 3 boys have figured out that there is a fire pond across the street,
we have had a very strange summer and my stream/ponds are all dry as can be
needless to say they keep crossing the road
barnie.gif
, my neighbor loves seeing them in the pond and agrees that they will slow traffic down BUT they have almost caused a couple of accidents (we are in a narrow gulley, we can even see out of our drive way to pull out)

bad ducks
hide.gif

My newest additions and I couldn't be more thrilled with them!
A chocolate pied crested hen and a white tiny crested hen. And two gorgeous white crested drakes!
I see ancona crested calls in my near future!!!

So, as all of you know, a month ago I had just come home from the beach and found Winter on a nest of 12... I had no idea, she hid her eggs so well, and being excited was an understatement. Unfortunately all 12 were infertile :hit

Well, I'm going back to the beach tomorrow and today was **day 4** for Winter on her brand new nest of 9! SEVEN of the 9 have sweet growing babies inside them! My seriously domesticated diaper wearing house duck is going to be a MOMMA in three weeks! :love

Last edited:
So, as all of you know, a month ago I had just come home from the beach and found Winter on a nest of 12... I had no idea, she hid her eggs so well, and being excited was an understatement. Unfortunately all 12 were infertile
hit.gif

Well, I'm going back to the beach tomorrow and today was **day 4** for Winter on her brand new nest of 9! SEVEN of the 9 have sweet growing babies inside them! My seriously domesticated diaper wearing house duck is going to be a MOMMA in three weeks!
love.gif
awww how sweet

Back
Top Bottom