Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

What about for shipped eggs, I usually keep them still outside of the incubator for a day and then still in the incubator until most of the air cells reattach, so would I just do that and then put them under the hen?
give the ones with the best aircells to the hens

yep, she sure will

Awesome, I know I keep on asking questions but I'm also wondering if I stagger after a week and put some silkie eggs under her also will all go well?
I am a seasoned silkie hatcher but last year when I tried hatching call ducks I had no luck in my incubator (my humidity went too high at the end) and just had a hen go broody so I thought this would be the perfect time to try again.

wow!! I would have sacrificed a chicken gladly to see a bald eagle catch it...they are incredible birds! lol

I got the privilege of watching a hawk "fish" the other week, it circled my pond two or three times and then spotted a fish and completely dropped from at least 20 or 30 feet and landed in the water catching the fish and then went off with it in the trees.

Awesome, I know I keep on asking questions but I'm also wondering if I stagger after a week and put some silkie eggs under her also will all go well?
I am a seasoned silkie hatcher but last year when I tried hatching call ducks I had no luck in my incubator (my humidity went too high at the end) and just had a hen go broody so I thought this would be the perfect time to try again.
its the same idea to doing it in an incubator, so i dont see why not, but i would have the incubator on stand by just in case

Back
Top Bottom