Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Figured I should post this here, lol... I have had Call broodys sit together and raise their shared clutch without an issue, even a trio of broodys... but this is a completely new one for me...

I bought 2 Silvers from a friend, for the last 2 years they have tried sitting... but being the quieter, shyer ducks, they always got ran off their nests... my last 2 sets of fertile eggs, I finally separated them out and let them have their clutches... 1 hatched her clutch and the other hatched hers almost a week later... they immediately joined their clutches and are raising both sets of ducklings together, sharing duties over the entire combined group equally... and even the ducklings didn't have issues integrating together...

They're also both first time mamas, and are the fiercest protective ones I have ever seen, lol...

20171117_155915.jpg
20171117_155916.jpg
20171117_155926.jpg

Figured I should post this here, lol... I have had Call broodys sit together and raise their shared clutch without an issue, even a trio of broodys... but this is a completely new one for me...

I bought 2 Silvers from a friend, for the last 2 years they have tried sitting... but being the quieter, shyer ducks, they always got ran off their nests... my last 2 sets of fertile eggs, I finally separated them out and let them have their clutches... 1 hatched her clutch and the other hatched hers almost a week later... they immediately joined their clutches and are raising both sets of ducklings together, sharing duties over the entire combined group equally... and even the ducklings didn't have issues integrating together...

They're also both first time mamas, and are the fiercest protective ones I have ever seen, lol...

View attachment 1192097 View attachment 1192098 View attachment 1192102
Too cute! I love Silvers. :love

Hello Everyone. Quick question. Do you know where I could get some call ducklings? (not now but in the spring. I already have...let's see... 9 ducks (and a harlequin drake I plan on selling) so I don't want to many, like 2 or 3 or 5 or 10 or... anyway... where might I buy some call ducklings in the spring? I don't care too much about the color. I LOVE the pastel and silver.
I don't ship ducklings but should have some silvers for sale (can ship as juvies and adults) next summer. Check out Al's Quackery

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!:love Silvers are sooooo pretty!

Can I have one? Pretty PLEASE?
whatever.png

That's is so adorable....Congrats....

Back
Top Bottom