Dad Jokes😂

Pics
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I want to warn fellow chicken lovers of something that's been affecting my flock recently, and it might happen to you too.

We had some hatchlings that did very well a couple of weeks ago. They were alive, energetic, hopping around and playing. The only thing was, they didn't get big, almost like bantams, while they should be regular-sized fowl.

So we took a trip to the vet, and they tested positive for the dw gene, which means they are genetically predisposed to sex-linked recessive dwarfism.

Watch out for your flock, the vet said it's a growing problem.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I want to warn fellow chicken lovers of something that's been affecting my flock recently, and it might happen to you too.

We had some hatchlings that did very well a couple of weeks ago. They were alive, energetic, hopping around and playing. The only thing was, they didn't get big, almost like bantams, while they should be regular-sized fowl.

So we took a trip to the vet, and they tested positive for the dw gene, which means they are genetically predisposed to sex-linked recessive dwarfism.

Watch out for your flock, the vet said it's a growing problem.
You should probably start a thread, to get the word out. I would probably put it in the medical forum. Thank you for the info, I will be looking it up.

Screenshot_20220818-055904-154.png

Back
Top Bottom