DAGNABBIT - It's done - 2 hatch/live out of 20.

So last night was pretty rough. My first one that started pipping finally got out around 7:30 (with a little assistance) and seems to be doing great this morning. She was a little wrecking ball last night with the other eggs...

The 2nd egg had only made a small hole after 6-7 hours so I started to help (I suck at this patience thing) and it started to bleed, so I put it back in the bator.

It died around 11:30 or so last night and I opened it up and it's insides were on the outside. (Where's the vomiting smiley?) I have never in my life... ick!!!

I have one rocking around a little today and 4 others I'm hoping will come thru...

Ew yacky, sorry to hear about the second chick...hope the others are okay and there are some more chicks waiting for you next time you look
smile.png

It's well into day 22 and there's nothing, no more rocking, no more peeping. Nothing
hit.gif

What do I do?? Leave them for another day or so? Can I candle them tonight? One was just a rocking yesterday and now, no movement at all...

Thanks

Aw i'm sorry silkhope :aww I don't have any advice or anything - my first ever incubator hatch is on day 6 so i don't know anything much - but just wanted to say i'm thinking of you and your eggs...

Thanks Red. I appreciate it. Good luck with yours! This is my first incubator experience as well; I always let a broody do all the work...
barnie.gif

I'd candle them and see if you see movement, I have had stragglers that waited til day 23! So don't give up yet.

My power outage apparent didn't hurt mine to bad, I do have 4 fuzzy chicks that hatched yesterday, right on time! One egg did die, and I have one left in the bator (was still alive at 4pm, still waiting to see if it's going to do anything).

I will have my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!

Ok, it's done. I candled the remaining eggs last night (after the little mille fleur hatched) and they were all dead.

Back to the drawing board...

Back
Top Bottom