Daily Duck Egg Report for 2016

They seem to be relaxing. Now they are beginning to seem to ask to go outside, perhaps they want to join the flock, whom they can hear but not yet see.

Salem has been pancaking a little bit - both feel spring, I think.

That's progress!
woot.gif
Do you have any more pictures?
big_smile.png

4 eggs today, and one of them is just the tiniest bit green!!!:weee

I was hoping for green and/or blue ones. I'm thinking some of the ones I've been getting might be considered tan, but it's hard to tell when they're always so dirty! Either way, I'm just happy my girls are laying healthy-looking eggs (almost all in the same nest, no less!) And yesterday I had my first egg sale; a friend gave me $7 for a dozen! She said she'd be happy to pay $10, but I told her I'd be thrilled to get $5 :D

Last edited:
4 eggs today, and one of them is just the tiniest bit green!!!:weee

I was hoping for green and/or blue ones. I'm thinking some of the ones I've been getting might be considered tan, but it's hard to tell when they're always so dirty! Either way, I'm just happy my girls are laying healthy-looking eggs (almost all in the same nest, no less!) And yesterday I had my first egg sale; a friend gave me $7 for a dozen! She said she'd be happy to pay $10, but I told her I'd be thrilled to get $5 :D

Woo hoo!!! Lovely eggs!!!

My runners are laying 2-3 a day and my Cayugas are just starting to lay. The Cayuga eggs are dark on one end and fade to light on the other end!!

Back
Top Bottom