Daily Duck Egg Report

are all duck eggs good to eat?

What exactly do you mean?
Are you asking if all breeds of duck eggs are good to eat, I would say yes.
If you are asking, if duck eggs go bad then the answer is yes.
If you are asking, if you have males can you eat the females eggs, yes.
If you are asking something else, please elaborate and one of us will answer.

What exactly do you mean?
Are you asking if all breeds of duck eggs are good to eat, I would say yes.
If you are asking, if duck eggs go bad then the answer is yes.
If you are asking, if you have males can you eat the females eggs, yes.
If you are asking something else, please elaborate and one of us will answer.
I have mallards and she has eggs she is laying on them now. I just did not know lf you cound eat them or not. we are going to let her have the eggs she is laying on now.

Last edited:
My 2 Broodies lower abdomen areas look lower or "heavier", I'm starting to wonder if they might return to laying before Fall proper? Time will tell!

What do you mean by "heavier"? I have some hens who have almost a flap of wobbly flesh that hangs down between their legs in line with their breastbone. Is that what you mean? I was actually wondering about that just today!

Yesterday we got 8 duck eggs and today we got 7. (We have 12 hens total that are old enough.) I haven't found a Mallard egg either day even though she had been laying regularly. I think she's hiding in the tall weeds in the garden and making a nest. I hope she doesn't think she's hatching out babies this time of year, though! lol.

I got 3 eggs from my 3 girls today, one was 111 grams! The biggest one yet! poor girl. I'm sure it will be at least a double yolker. I've already gotten several double yolkers from this one duck. BTW, they've only been laying for a few weeks. One of the other girls laid a 37 gram egg.

Wowza that's an egg alright!

Today I got 4 eggs. 2 blue-ish from my Runner, one Rouen and one from Mixie Gal. No hope for the Rouen's molt any minute soon then... Sigh. She needs to stop laying, feathers looking rough.

Whatever duck that laid has laid everyday since. My daughter thinks it is her trusty khaki named Tokla. Our welsh and mallards still are not laying, nor our younger ducks. Does anyone happen to know when khakis or mallards begin to lay. They hatched June-July of this year. Thanks

BA- just lower to the ground, like there's eggs in there. I'll try to get a pic for you later on.

Thanks, it would be great to see that picture. :) Today we caught a bunch of ducks to check them for Bumblefoot and one of the girls I brought in to treat is one who I've wondered if she's part Rouen because it seems like her chest and belly are draggier than the others. I felt her belly and felt a hard mass that could have been an egg. Is that normal if they're laying to feel that? The other hen I brought in had a soft belly, but she's also molting so I doubt she's laying. I got 8 eggs this morning and we found another when we fed them dinner, so I guess it could have come out of her if what I was feeling was actually an egg.

Her ducklings are 3-4wks old now I think and she finished her molt last week. I don't think she is laying tho based upon what I'm collecting. But see, her rear end looks heavy. No droopy like you described tho. Not sure what that would be.

Back
Top Bottom