Daisy limping

Ladies04

Hatching
Sep 30, 2020
Daisy is limping I have put her in a hospital crate been feeding her liver, eggs, raisins, clean oats and shelled sunflower seeds. Of course fresh water. Also I have a heating pad on low under the towels and potty pad next to her mirror.
How long should this take for her to get better? She has been in the crate for 3 days, but still limping. I bought Vetericyn plus to put on her feet and legs do you think that would be ok to try?

Does she have open wounds on her legs or feet? How about light green bruising? How about the bottoms of her feet? Any swelling or black scabs? Any broken toe nails? Any bruising between the toes?

Vetericyn is a wonderful wound treatment. I don't see how it would do anything for a bruise or sprain, though. It mainly protects against bacteria and promotes new tissue growth.

I checked between her toes, no open wounds that I have found, no green bruising, all toe nails there. both her piggies look the same. What product could be used to treat a sprain? and how would I know except that my girl is limping

Epsom salt soaks can help. If you live where cannabis is legal, CBD salve is a super pan reliever. I use it on myself and my chickens. 81 grain chewable aspirin is safe for chickens. Up to two per day.

Epsom salt soaks can help. If y ou live where cannabis is legal, CBD salve is a super pan reliever. I use it on myself and my chickens. 81 grain chewable aspirin is safe for chickens. Up to two per day.
Thank you for all your help I'm on way now to get epsom salt. Going to try asprin now.

Back
Top Bottom