Daisy MIGHT make it, and now Chicklet is sick, too! UPDATE! :)

ChickLover98

The Chicken Princess
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Pennsylvania
My hen Daisy had a floppy comb, she was docile and her poo was just water. We couldn't figure out what it was, and I didn't get a straight answer on here, either. She was doing fine and we thought she was going to be ok, but today she wouldn't stand up, so we put her alone with some food and water. All she has is diarreah and she can't stand up and won't open her eyes. We pretty much know she won't make it, but I don't want to do away with her.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Also, wneh I went out to see her, I noticed that my little hen with pasty butt also has a droopy comb and she wants to sleep all the time. The only thing she poos is water and she can't even keep it down. She tried to drink it, but it came back out. We separated her, too.

I have no idea what to do, I'm going to lose my two favorite hens! I don't want to make the rest of my flock sick, but I don't want to do away with either of them. No one knows whats making them sick, and I think both of them are going to die. Please help prevent this from happeneing to the rest of my flock! I don't know what to do next! And I have to go to school on Tuesday, but I don't want to leave them! Please, help me!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:
My heart goes out to you. I wish I had answers for you, but I don't. I've lost a hen that way, too, and would love to know what happened. Again, I'm so sorry your girls are sick.

Sick animals are generally tired. Have you listed any other symptoms besides diarrhea and floppy comb? Have you dewormed them? What are u feeding them? How hot is it where you are? I am thinking either cocci or worms. How old are they?

Quote:
That's pretty much all of the symptoms. They are very docile. It wasn't hot when Daisy got sick, but it was in the low 90s lately. I have not dewormed and I am feeding them Purina Layer Crumbles. Daisy is a year and a half and Chicklet is less than a year.
hit.gif

Sulmet is medication for cocci, but Corid is easier on the digestive system. There is a treatment program where you put them on corid for a while then sulmet. Do a search on here under cocci.

Back
Top Bottom