dancing little boy

ilovemychook24

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
i'm quite confused
my little roo (about 5 and a half weeks old), who is developing at an extremely low rate is begining to act quite strange
i'll lay my hand in front of him, and he'll step on my hand. puff up and 'dance', it almost looks like hes doing tap dancing
after he has done his little 'dance' he'll peck my finger (which ever is close enough for him to reach) and just sit on my hand,
is this a type of aggresive behaviour? i'm just really confused

Quote:
Yes and no--you are his woman and that is his mating dance! LOL and it can be aggresive as he ages. At that state-its just cute. Im a little surprised he's dont that young but you never know.

LOL i probably wont be look at him quite the same
but i agree it is quite cute as this stage :3

you will have better luck with him if you simply JUST CARE FOR him-no special treatment-petting etc. More and more I see and read about how peoples favorite roos are now attacking and hurting them. I never favor any birds anymore. Until they are full grown! I had a mean roo and took him out seconds after he drew blood and left a huge long scar down the back of my leg. Now I just feed/water/clean and admire not play with my birds. When The sex is obvious-then I start to favor the hens...The roos ..no..I hold onto them until butchering age-keep who I chose to keep and thats it. I do talk to them and now my roos are very tame and sweet from me letting have their own lives and their own disposition. I cull all aggresive roos and is does get passed on to the chicks:(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom