Dang.... Chick sell out!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Firefyter-Emt, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Firefyter-Emt

Firefyter-Emt Songster

Hey ya all! Long time no see.

So I noticed that TSC had the chicks in this weekend and it was time to pick them up. I got the brooder ready and tonight I brought my daughter with me to pick up the new flock (We culled the flock last fall and have been chick-less all winter) Now just this Saturday there were a couple hundred chicks... tonight? Not a single peeping chick! They sold them ALL on me!

I will check out the local Co-op to see what they have, or wait a week or so for the next batch. I was so bummed, I had the "Chick-In" all set up and ready to go too. [​IMG]

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Songster

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Yeah, you gotta be FAST when it comes to chick days at TSC!

I wanted to be one of the first to pick out my chicks at TSC and arrived there 30 minutes after the postal worker delivered them to TSC.

[​IMG]

3. Lawnman127

Lawnman127 In the Brooder

Feb 27, 2011
    My Wife has been there 3 times and every time, they are sold out.
    Hoping she don't get desperate and come home with a rabbit

4. Firefyter-Emt

Firefyter-Emt Songster

I would like to get a rabbit.... Seriously, I want to build the hutch right at one corner of my garden so that the run clean out can be raked right into the garden! I would name it Easter.... Yes, Easter bunny!

It would fit perfect with a cow named Milk (aka "Milk the cow") and Pat, the dog... I don't care much for cats, I would name that one "kick" [​IMG]

I will be checking back every day or so for sure! Lucky for me they are just two miles away from home and I can swing by on the way home easy enough

5. ButtersMama

ButtersMama Chirping

Feb 28, 2011
    Quote:heeehee!

6. paddock36

paddock36 Crowing

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Quote:[​IMG] My DH has a cat and he named it Smoky, but I named him Punt. I think it's for the same reason you would name a cat kick. [​IMG]

7. Chihuahuamom444

Chihuahuamom444 Songster

Jan 27, 2011
    Quote:Haha...that's pretty funny...I was looking at the bunnies in there today and thought Nahhhh

8. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Crowing

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:[​IMG] My DH has a cat and he named it Smoky, but I named him Punt. I think it's for the same reason you would name a cat kick. [​IMG]

Lol, too funny. Now I want to change the worthless outside cat's name who keeps pooping on my path to the coop.

9. AlienChick

AlienChick Songster

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Quote:My DH has a cat and he named it Smoky, but I named him Punt. I think it's for the same reason you would name a cat kick. [​IMG]

OH!
    You guys are so baaaaadddd!

SHAME on you!

[​IMG]

10. Urban Chaos

Urban Chaos Songster

Feb 9, 2011
    Austin
    Tell me about it. I drove all over tarnation to get my chicks. The closest TSC told me that 2 people came and bought all the pullets. Really?? if you need that many chicks order strait from the Hatchery and let us small flock peeps buy at the feed stores. I went to 5 feed stores, a total of about 75 miles of driving. What we wont do to feed the monkey!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: