Dang.... Chick sell out!

Firefyter-Emt

Songster
12 Years
Jul 26, 2007
Northeastern Connecticut
Hey ya all! Long time no see.

So I noticed that TSC had the chicks in this weekend and it was time to pick them up. I got the brooder ready and tonight I brought my daughter with me to pick up the new flock (We culled the flock last fall and have been chick-less all winter) Now just this Saturday there were a couple hundred chicks... tonight? Not a single peeping chick! They sold them ALL on me!

I will check out the local Co-op to see what they have, or wait a week or so for the next batch. I was so bummed, I had the "Chick-In" all set up and ready to go too.
sad.png

Yeah, you gotta be FAST when it comes to chick days at TSC!

I wanted to be one of the first to pick out my chicks at TSC and arrived there 30 minutes after the postal worker delivered them to TSC.

wink.png

My Wife has been there 3 times and every time, they are sold out.
Hoping she don't get desperate and come home with a rabbit

I would like to get a rabbit.... Seriously, I want to build the hutch right at one corner of my garden so that the run clean out can be raked right into the garden! I would name it Easter.... Yes, Easter bunny!

It would fit perfect with a cow named Milk (aka "Milk the cow") and Pat, the dog... I don't care much for cats, I would name that one "kick"
lol.png

I will be checking back every day or so for sure! Lucky for me they are just two miles away from home and I can swing by on the way home easy enough

Quote:
lau.gif
My DH has a cat and he named it Smoky, but I named him Punt. I think it's for the same reason you would name a cat kick.
gig.gif

Lol, too funny. Now I want to change the worthless outside cat's name who keeps pooping on my path to the coop.

Quote:
My DH has a cat and he named it Smoky, but I named him Punt. I think it's for the same reason you would name a cat kick.
gig.gif

OH!
You guys are so baaaaadddd!

SHAME on you!

big_smile.png

Tell me about it. I drove all over tarnation to get my chicks. The closest TSC told me that 2 people came and bought all the pullets. Really?? if you need that many chicks order strait from the Hatchery and let us small flock peeps buy at the feed stores. I went to 5 feed stores, a total of about 75 miles of driving. What we wont do to feed the monkey!

Back
Top Bottom