Dang Coons!!!

MammaBear

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
SW PA
We have trapped and dispatched 4 coons in the past couple weeks and I was hoping that we had thinned the herd a little. I guess not. Tonight my hubby and I went outside to go up and close the coop up and he says he saw a coon. He grabs a light and I go for the shotgun. We walk around for 45 minutes, nothing. We go back in he house and wait for a while. He peeks outside and after some swearing he claims "Its back!!" Gun, light and out we go again. Then repeat. I am beginning to think that we are on a snipe hunt. I still haven't caught sight of this coon. No noise, no nothing.

So, here I sit at almost 2am waiting for the next peek out the door. Maybe I can just sneak off to bed.
tongue.png

We caught another one in the trap last night. We hope it was the one that was down by the house, but I really doubt it. The trap is about 400 yards away from where the coon was seen last night. With any luck we will get another tonight.

He just got the snipe coon. I have to give him credit, there really was a coon right around that tree tonight. He just leaned out the back door and now there is one less coon to worry about.

I really thought he was seeing things or pulling my leg last night.

I was out last night at 9:30 and saw 2 huge raccoons were climbing up my neighbors tree about 10 ft from me just staring at me. So glad my girls were locked up in their coop.

Back
Top Bottom