1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Danielle or Danny?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jazzybeans, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Hi guys!
    I picked up 2 ameraucana (well... I was told ameraucana but have come to believe they're actually eager eggers) at 6 wks, and have a sneaking suspicion that one is actually a cockerel. I'm a total rookie (this is my first post, even!) and my knowledge is entirely based on what I can get from BYC forums, so Id love some expert opinions. S/he massive bossy britches, has mahogany splash feathering, and a pink comb. Sister chick has none of these features... Danny/Daniella does NOT keep still. I've tried for some clear shots of the comb, feathers etc, but hokey doodle! [​IMG]

2. [​IMG][/IMG]
    Whoops! Here are the other two pics:)
    Much appreciate any help at all, sister is super attached so I'd be sad to see them separated... however rooster crows would not be appreciated by the neighbours...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by